Turn on thread page Beta

Corporal Punishment watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    just had a heated discussion with my friend, about the re-introducement of corporal punishment. With stabbings occuring in school, truancy up to one of the highest levels in years and cases like the columbine high school in the US do you think its a good/bad idea?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Teachers have no control these days. If a pupil decides to misbehave there is nothing they can do to control them. Especially if there is a complete lack of parental interest.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it would just provoke the children hyper and sue you for grievous bodily harm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchie_rox)
    just had a heated discussion with my friend, about the re-introducement of corporal punishment
    you must be the bell of the ball

ReputationRep:
    A dead man can not learn from his mistakes.

however...

A man who murders again and again and again is a waste of public money

Anyway, I voted yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    you must be the bell of the ball
    no, i just got into it after we saw a parent hit a child.....just cuz sum1 indulges in a little intelligent convo dnt make em odd!?

ReputationRep:
    They couldnt sue you if it was made legal. there would obviously have to be some measures to prevent the use of excessive force though. It would be more likely to calm down hyper children. simple conditioning - naughty = punishment therefore if im not naughty i wont get punished. they should never have got rid of it in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchie_rox)
    just had a heated discussion with my friend, about the re-introducement of corporal punishment. With stabbings occuring in school, truancy up to one of the highest levels in years and cases like the columbine high school in the US do you think its a good/bad idea?
    i thinks it could be a good idea - some teachers really don't have any control.

ReputationRep:
    pain is the keyword here, not greivous bodily harm... that's the whole point of corporal punishment - to make them realise that you will get punished i.e. suffer pain if you misbehave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_guy)
    A dead man can not learn from his mistakes.

however...

A man who murders again and again and again is a waste of public money

Anyway, I voted yes.
    Corporal punishment, not capital punishment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .NK)
    Corporal punishment, not capital punishment.
    lol

I'm not sure about corporal punishment, it probably does stop kids misbehaving in school (a good thing) but it would just make them even naughtier and more disruptive once they left school. It doesn't really address the fundamental issue of lack of discilpine/parental responsibilty in the home.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.