Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    I actually see where Rushda's coming from; it seems a bit fishy to me. I can't see Trinity pulling someone out of the pool in the first place, let alone without giving them an interview at all.
    I know of Trinity taking people out the pool before, but not in Philosophy; I wouldn't expected it in Philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    I know of Trinity taking people out the pool before, but not in Philosophy; I wouldn't expected it in Philosophy.
    why the sudden doubt after 2 weeks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    why the sudden doubt after 2 weeks?
    Don't ask me, ask Rushda; I'm not going to comment on Seer's veracity.

ReputationRep:
    Trinity do look in pool. A girl from my school got picked out for natsci by trinity when she originally applied to a not so ggod college.

Shame about emma, bloody good college...

ReputationRep:
    having said that, very very late reply. im very suprised...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Somehow I think Seer is lying.
    Look here, you just come across so Bitter (from this post, and some of your other ones). Even if Seer is lying, why should you wish to even bring it up so long afterwards. It seems even more stupid after you congratulated her.

You got rejected, now move on and either make preparations for your gap year and reapplication or just accept one of your other offers. What is the point in trying to expose a potential liar who hasn't been seen on the board for ages? What are you gaining from it? Nothing.

ReputationRep:
    What's not to believe. Last year there were 29 colleges which took people out of the pool, which means pretty much every undergraduate college. It doesn't depend on the popularity of a college whether or not they are likely to pick people out of the pool. A college may have a particularly large crop of applicants but none of them are up to the required standard, in which case they will look in the pool. In fact, this year some people have been 'put on hold' by a college searching for better suited candidates in the pool.

ReputationRep:
    Look people I only brought it up because I asked for pool information from Trinity and the admissions people emailed me (a few weeks late but nevermind) saying the following:

"Trinity did not take any applicants out of the Pool for Philosophy this
    year - although we did take one or two for other subjects. "

Oh and Seer is a He - HE showed me his pic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Look people I only brought it up because I asked for pool information from Trinity and the admissions people emailed me (a few weeks late but nevermind) saying the following:

"Trinity did not take any applicants out of the Pool for Philosophy this
    year - although we did take one or two for other subjects. "

Oh and Seer is a He - HE showed me his pic.
    oh, just stop moaning. If he wants to lie to us then let him. We'll only find out next october wher "he" is not there. Just because you didn't get in it doesn't mean you have to find fault with others. From what i've seen of you you seem like a very able candidate but this kind of immaturity is not the sort of thing that colleges look for.

Musicboy

ReputationRep:
    oh, just stop moaning. If he wants to lie to us then let him. We'll only find out next october wher "he" is not there. Just because you didn't get in it doesn't mean you have to find fault with others. From what i've seen of you you seem like a very able candidate but this kind of immaturity is not the sort of thing that colleges look for.

Musicboy
    Erm can I point out that Seer comes across as an arrogant pig, so if he said he got rejected he would lose an awful lot of face. In which case Rush is perhaps justified in showing him up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Erm can I point out that Seer comes across as an arrogant pig, so if he said he got rejected he would lose an awful lot of face. In which case Rush is perhaps justified in showing him up...
    ok sorry I overreacted and know my post was rude. sorry rushda.

MB

ReputationRep:
    ok sorry I overreacted and know my post was rude. sorry rushda.

MB
    It's ok...

No no it's probably me - I came across this thread again and thought I had to comment.

ReputationRep:
    just goes to show you can never really trust someone unless you see the letter yourself.

but who really cares

ReputationRep:
    just to add my tuppence worth (hee hee tuppence)

i like to suspect people are lying because i nobody took me out the pool for philosophy from emmanuel. i thought seer was a girl as the name "paulina the great" on her/his profile suggested. at the emmanuel philosophy interviews i didn't get a chance to chat with everyone cos there was about 20 of us there, but i remember a paul... either way i pm'd him/her ages ago to see if we met and got no reply. which is fair enough because i'm a stranger to them, but i think its a bit rude myself which justifies me making this post. so there.

love emma
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    I think if it is the case, and she/he was rejected...i pity the fact she felt desperate to start this thread in the first place...to hold face to people who she/he has never met.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    I think if it is the case, and she/he was rejected...i pity the fact she felt desperate to start this thread in the first place...to hold face to people who she/he has never met.
    I know; it's really quite bizarre. Not entirely sure what to make of the whole thing. I mean, it's the internet so I don't understand why someone would be ashamed to tell the truth, expecially when there are other people feeling really down about their rejections.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone even know if seer is a real person?

Musicboy

ReputationRep:
    He's posted in other places about going to trinity. Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go to just to lie to some people he doesnt know. Maybe that just makes it worse.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone even know if seer is a real person?

Musicboy
    What do you mean, a real person??? What else would he be - some kind of computer-generated automated response thingy???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    What do you mean, a real person??? What else would he be - some kind of computer-generated automated response thingy???

Yes, a Trinity College propoganda machine.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.