Turn on thread page Beta

Where do u put your stuff when you go home during vacations? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I was just wondering where you put your stuff when the term ends and you go home or something? Is there any place you can store your computer, furniture and so on? Do you have to pay for that?

What do u guys do?

Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    ??? You should bring your computer with you..

Rent out a storage facility for your other stuff..

Most people just bring their stuff home.

ReputationRep:
    we can leave our stuff there during the christmas and easter breaks
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    It depends on the university. We had lockable cupboards in our rooms which we could leave stuff in over Christmas and Easter breaks, plus extra storage in lockable storage rooms which could be used if you lived reasonably far away (or just had a nice warden and not many other people wanting to use them!).
    Jenn xx

ReputationRep:
    Rent out some storage space....try the yellow pages. That's what I'll be doing when uni is 8 hours drive from home!

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the uni

If you are catered you almost always have to take everything home

Self-catered - you can leave it all there
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by sexysax)
    Depends on the uni

If you are catered you almost always have to take everything home

Self-catered - you can leave it all there
    Funny you should say that - in my experience it's been the opposite! I was self-catered and had to clear out whereas my friends who were catered (at a different university mind) could leave stuff there!
    Jenn xx

ReputationRep:
    yeh at Nottingham uni your room has to be cleared during the main vacations, however some rooms have a pad locked cupboard where you can store a few things, but if your an international they will allow you to stay over during the holidays.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot everyone. How much does the storage cost though? I'm going to the CIty University. Does anyone know if they allow u to leave your stuff there.

I live in Poland so it would be quiet a problem if I had to take all my stuff back all the time...

Thomas

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.