Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~the_one~)
    I'm so dissapointed with myself, my results were:

A*-Maths A*-History AA-science (double) A-Geography A-Russian A-English A-English Lit A-French A-Statistics C-Citizenship and F-Graphics.

Out of anything i would have wanted an A* for science, science is what i'm best at and i ****ing got sciencest of the year. I'm gonna do sciences next year for A levels and was hopingt to do NatSci at Cambridge - Well that fuked up didnt it, no bloody hope now. I was so close as well grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr my whole future plans are ruined and i dont know what to do I'd swap all my results for an A* in science. My familys obviously dissappointed in me and aren't really talking to me and i dont know what to do. I feel so bloody low if I just want to get out.
    If I got reslts like that, I would be over the moon, and my parents would be very proud of me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Les Mcqueen)
    Well I personally think the bad thing is not getting the A instead of an A*, but doing double science instead of triple. Especially as you want to do a Science based degree!
    oh I don't think that is too much of a problem, we did double science and it was fine! Although I did ask, my school wouldn't let me take triple.

ReputationRep:
    Just get 290+ in your AS's, try to take five subjects IF you can cope with it. (i.e. 3 sciences and double maths, even triple if you want, but this is extremely rare). If you have 5A's with 280, 290+ then you would have absolutely no problem getting into Cambridge.

yeah i feel the same as you but i am in a worse situation i didnt get as much As as you

ReputationRep:
    If you wanted an A*, you should have worked harder in the exam!
    I really did actually and my exam marks are A* but its my coursework that brought it down. Thats what i dont get - for my coursework i got 125/160 (B) but while we were doing it my teachers said it was definatly A* :confused: I even came back at the weekend to add to the coursework to make sure it was a high A*. I really don't know what happened. My mums not talking to me, and my dad (being a scientist) is blatenly disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    I really did actually and my exam marks are A* but its my coursework that brought it down. Thats what i dont get - for my coursework i got 125/160 (B) but while we were doing it my teachers said it was definatly A* :confused: I even came back at the weekend to add to the coursework to make sure it was a high A*. I really don't know what happened. My mums not talking to me, and my dad (being a scientist) is blatenly disappointed.
    The moderators must have changed your coursework marks from an A* to a B. They do that sometimes if your teacher marked it too generously.

ReputationRep:
    The moderators must have changed your coursework marks from an A* to a B. They do that sometimes if your teacher marked it too generously.
    Hmm down to an A i would get, but i done everything i could of for my coursework and wrote about everything neccessary to check the box for A*? Oh and i dont think mine got moderated

ReputationRep:
    *sarcasstic tone* wow there r other people who have got Ds and were hoping to get Cs.

ReputationRep:
    How can your Dad not talk to you for getting an A* in Science? You're one of the top 15% or so of the country that got an A! It's your dad thats got the problem not you I wouldn't worry about Cambridge, I've heard of people who had much lower results and still got in!

ReputationRep:
    *sarcasstic tone* wow there r other people who have got Ds and were hoping to get Cs.
    Point being....

Im just as upset as anyone, and its up to a personal level how high you set your standerds.
    If you want to start your own thread about getting D's go for it

ReputationRep:
    How can your Dad not talk to you for getting an A* in Science? You're one of the top 15% or so of the country that got an A! It's your dad thats got the problem not you I wouldn't worry about Cambridge, I've heard of people who had much lower results and still got in!
    You know how parents can be, the always think i should get the top of the top or i'm useless and stupid. I hope i still am able to get in but i'll guess i'll just have to wait and see. Grrrr that coursework marks really bugging me.

ReputationRep:
    You know what? I'm not even going to bother reading everybody elses replies because I only have this to say to you: Get over it.

I can't for the life of me understand ANYBODY who gets As and higher and still complains.

You're bloody ungrateful, somebody else would be better off with those results. Least THEY'D know what to do with them.

Not meaning to be harsh on you, but this is just ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm down to an A i would get, but i done everything i could of for my coursework and wrote about everything neccessary to check the box for A*? Oh and i dont think mine got moderated
    Then maybe it was because the coursework from your school that was moderated was marked too generously, so they lowered all your coursework marks. It's harsh and unfair, but it happens.

ReputationRep:
    I can't for the life of me understand ANYBODY who gets As and higher and still complains.
    Don't attempt to then.

Not meaning to be harsh on you, but this is just ridiculous.
    Dont worry, no offence taken - you obviously just don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    Yeh i'm depressed as well, compared to mates at diff schools their like WOW! but i'm like no way, i was expecting A* in Maths and Eng Lit and got A in them but i'm like 5UMS marks off A* in Maths so i might get it remarked.
    I no exactly how you feel the boundary for an A* in the exam i took was 708 and I managed 704 or something I was like one question off an A* I am soo gettin this remarked just fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkymonk)
    the reason for this is the same one by which you didn't get As yourself - you're an idiot.

:tsr:

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.