Turn on thread page Beta

Who's going to win monopoly? watch

ReputationRep:
    hey amy im in the midlands 2, just im the oppsite of you,
    derby term time
    leic hols
    but ive just moved bk home to leic now so ill be in leic term time and hols.

ReputationRep:
    Mwaahahahaha Dave has caved and says I can be the car
    I think this bodes well for the game.
    I'm a bit worried though cause we're both unbearable winners - and i can't see either of us backing down in the event of a draw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    But that rule rules!
    No, it's a load of *******s!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I'm a bit worried though cause we're both unbearable winners - and i can't see either of us backing down in the event of a draw.
    I think Daveo will do what he has to do because there's no way he can win, but one way of losing is better than the other (far fetched)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megz90)
    hey amy im in the midlands 2, just im the oppsite of you,
    derby term time
    leic hols
    but ive just moved bk home to leic now so ill be in leic term time and hols.
    cool, you went to derby uni then? what did you do?

im going to De Mnotfort by the way

ReputationRep:
    But if Daveo loses he'll claim its only because he let you be the car :eek: :p: !

ReputationRep:
    No, it's a load of *******s!!
    It would be *******s without the rule! The game would become monotonous. You gotta have something exciting like the Free Parking square to keep up the interest, y'know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clueless?)
    But if Daveo loses he'll claims its only because he let you be the car :eek: :p: !
    GOOD point!!!

I sense this is becoming a boy/girl vote!

ReputationRep:
    It would be *******s without the rule! The game would become monotonous. You gotta have something exciting like the Free Parking square to keep up the interest, y'know.
    But it's cheating!!!
    I feel very strongly about this. Some people started playing that rule at uni and I didn't realise till half way through the game and my tantrum was something to behold.

ReputationRep:
    you need to play monoply on the playstation, the dog barks and everything! (and the car drives around the board making brum noises)

ReputationRep:
    But that takes the emphasis away from the game and makes it more luck-based. And as blissy says its not in the rule book so you're not even playing Monopoly if you play like that (play Schmopoly if you want, but I'm sticking to authentic Monopoly)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy)
    (and the car drives around the board making brum noises)
    I do that anyway

ReputationRep:
    I do that anyway
    ^o)

ReputationRep:
    But it's cheating!!!
    I feel very strongly about this. Some people started playing that rule at uni and I didn't realise till half way through the game and my tantrum was something to behold.
    I always thought it was an official rule?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy)
    ^o)

And no, it's not an official rule. it's some stupid nonsense someone who always runs out of money made up.
    If it was official there would be space in the middle of the board as well!

ReputationRep:
    Free Parking:

A player landing on this place does not receive any money, property or reward of any kind.
    This is just a "free" resting-place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clueless?)
    But that takes the emphasis away from the game and makes it more luck-based. And as blissy says its not in the rule book so you're not even playing Monopoly if you play like that (play Schmopoly if you want, but I'm sticking to authentic Monopoly)!
    But it's boring otherwise

ReputationRep:
    each to their own i suppose...

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually supported Daveo yet?
    i think its unfair that your planning to distract him with boobies...if it doesn't say thats illegal in the rules it should....
    Go Daveo!

p.s. if you ever fancy a game blissy

ReputationRep:
    blissy coz she is of the fairer sex, and its time that they win monoply! the unfairer sex always win in our house (he has an age advantage of about 35 on me!!)

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.