New Doctor Who - Episode 6 - The Vampires of Venice - 08/05/10 - No future spoilers Watch

Poll: How did you find this episode?
Excellent (35)
21.08%
Good (79)
47.59%
Poor (36)
21.69%
Awful (16)
9.64%
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Another new thread for episode 5 of this series - The Vampires of Venice.

The episode has just finished, so comment on what you thought of it and what you liked and didn't like when it was over.

How does it compared to the others? What hints does it have for the future?

Remember please don't give any spoilers in here - just talk about what was seen on the tv. Also remember that people might not have watched the trailer for next week at the end, so try not to spoil too much from that

(Original post by RK)
x
I didn't want to steal your thread making thunder, but there was no thread up so thought I would help out Feel free to edit the OP if you wish.
GormlessWonder
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It was a noticeable drop in quality compared to the last few, and Amy's fiance is the most irritating character ever don't you think?
Pedus
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:sparta: sparta VENICE! :woohoo:
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Next week looks awesome.
Mess.
Rep:
?
I must say I quite enjoyed this episode, more than I did last week. I liked the leader of the fish people, she seemed to really understand the Doctor and gave him a choice that will weigh heavily on his conscience.

Again though, I wish they would make the previews 'tasters' rather than 'here is next weeks episode in short'.
Ocassus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by GormlessWonder)
It was a noticeable drop in quality compared to the last few, and Amy's fiance is the most irritating character ever don't you think?
A very poor actor imo
RK
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by meskell)
Another new thread for episode 5 of this series - The Vampires of Venice.

The episode has just finished, so comment on what you thought of it and what you liked and didn't like when it was over.

How does it compared to the others? What hints does it have for the future?

Remember please don't give any spoilers in here - just talk about what was seen on the tv. Also remember that people might not have watched the trailer for next week at the end, so try not to spoil too much from that

I didn't want to steal your thread making thunder, but there was no thread up so thought I would help out Feel free to edit the OP if you wish.
Absolutely fine

I was too busy writing one or two really long posts that you might see around on tsr to even catch the episode so far tonight....so great that you've jumped in and created the thread
moneyballs2
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
Really boring I thought. Didn't seem to be much going on, I wasn't really paying attention, but the plot seemed to be lacking somewhat.

And yes, next week does look pretty good...
holmes221
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not the best episode. Hey did you know it was actually shot in croatia? not venice. I read a story about Doctor who confidential episode getting complaints, because they actually went to venice to film the confidential episode like a free holiday.
dothestrand
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There was a 'your mum' joke in Doctor Who. Quality.
reems23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Was a bit dull. Poor tbh, they could've done so much with it as well .
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh come on people, sexy vampires = perfect dr who episode as far as im concerned.

I like Rory too, stop hating on him!

Next week does look very interesting though, pregnant amy is just, no
Jaydiee
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I didnt enjoy it all that much.
Next weeks looks rather good though
OceanInTheSky
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It was alright, next week's looks much more interesting though.

The guy playing Rory isn't very good at acting though.
Pedus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nah, I think the producers got it spot on this week. Was absolutely great! Much better than last weeks.

Amy's fiance reminds me so much of Mickey :sadnod:
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by holmes221)
Not the best episode. Hey did you know it was actually shot in croatia? not venice. I read a story about Doctor who confidential episode getting complaints, because they actually went to venice to film the confidential episode like a free holiday.
Noooooo free holiday, they will be doing "research" in the real venice, and croatia will be cheaper to film!
D_A_N
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ok I just watched the worse episode of Doctor who ever. It sucked. The plot was poorly thought out. Everything about it sucked. The vampire idea was porrly justified and acted out. The story line made no sense and was flawed. Next weeks episode doesn't look much better either. Where have all the futuristic episodes gone to? Series 2, 3 & 4 are in a different league compared to series 5. I don't like episodes that go into the past, they are boring.

Bring back Tennant, that's all I can say.
Pedus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:hmmm: Votings this week looks interesting.

Btw, can someone help me out and explain the silence bit at the end?! It's something that fish women monger said but I didn't quite get it..
Mess.
Rep:
?
I agree, the actor playing Rory was a joke :lolwut: Mickey was exactly the same though and his acting only got 'better' when they told him to basically stand still and talk gruffly.
Mess.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pedus)
:hmmm: Votings this week looks interesting.

Btw, can someone help me out and explain the silence bit at the end?! It's something that fish women monger said but I didn't quite get it..
Something to do with the cracks that keep appearing and that through them her people could see various things, including silence.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (414)
18.63%
The paper was reasonable (1054)
47.43%
Not feeling great about that exam... (493)
22.19%
It was TERRIBLE (261)
11.75%

Watched Threads