The Student Room Group

Gay footballers....

I'm sure their are some in the PL and across Europe. I think eventually people would get over it but it will take some time. When do you think the first guy will come out and admit yes he is offside? :p: Will it change your perception of them?

Any footballers at the moment that you think are gay?

Oh yes this is all borne from this picture that has been making some headlines in Spain. Link Ibra - is quoted as saying "Bring your sister to my house and we'll see who is gay" Some think this is just the press trying to rattle Barcelona before the big game against Sevilla.

Scroll to see replies

John Terry is bi.
Reply 2
John Fashnau came out as gay years ago. He is the only one I know who is open about it.
There have been many rumours about O'Shea though.

Considering percentages there have to be loads of gay footballers about but it just doesn't 'fit' into footballs image.

Edit: there is also the rumour about Ashley Cole sticking the mobile phone up his arse and that Cheryl marries him so she could shed the racist image and he could shed the gay image.
Have you seen the football fans?
Sweaty heaving invalids, they will never accept homosexuality.
Why would it change my perception of them? It's their choice and not any of my business, I'd properly just think 'Fair enough, good for them' and continuing to think what I did before about them.
Reply 5
Guti's gotta be bi, he used to date a tranny.
Reply 6
meskell
John Fashnau came out as gay years ago. He is the only one I know who is open about it.

John is not gay, it was his younger brother justin who came out, and later commited suicide.
Barça
Guti's gotta be bi, he used to date a tranny.

Nice little slander there.

But I feel ya dawg.... we dont say Inzaghi is always caught offside for nothing..
Reply 8
Can you imagine if a mainstream footballer came out? The chants in the crowd would be enough to keep you firmly in the closet.
Reply 9
SirMasterKey
Why would it change my perception of them? It's their choice and not any of my business, I'd properly just think 'Fair enough, good for them' and continuing to think what I did before about them.

Not every football fan thinks that way.
Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised.

Thousands of men cheering on twenty two sweaty guys chasing balls.

No cheerleaders, just an offside rule and a ref when thing's get dirty.

:dontknow:
Reply 11
Coming from a gay point of view I think it would be proper fab for 'straight acting' teen gays as a role model as there are not that many of them were as ragin queens, as myself, have plenty. Also it would do wonders for Uganda which is about to pass a law making 'repeat offenders of sodomy' the death punishment. Football is massive out there so it may make the public think and maybe take action.
Captain Nebula
Sweaty heaving invalids, they will never accept homosexuality.

:congrats:

You're going to be popular in this forum :facepalm2:
Captain Nebula
Sweaty heaving invalids, .

YER!

All that bromance, hugging, grabbing crotches in a manly way, showering together, eating together!

RAWR!

...wait
Reply 14
Phonicsdude
Nice little slander there.

But I feel ya dawg.... we dont say Inzaghi is always caught offside for nothing..

Slander :confused:
Reply 15
gay footballers - what a joke. no gay footballer will be any good for people to take notice
Reply 16
What about Old Ronaldo. He definitely had a great eye for goal but never a great eye for recognizing sexual orientaiton.

i wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be..
Not every football fan thinks that way.

I know they don't but you asked
Will it change your perception of them?
which is what I gave my answer to.
God I wish I was that journalist's sister...:coma:

But um, yeah, there has to be some gay footballers, but in all fairness it's not surprising none have come out since Justin Fashanu, considering how fond a lot of football fans are of treating anything to do with being gay as a slur...
Reply 19
meskell
There have been many rumours about O'Shea though.

Considering percentages there have to be loads of gay footballers about but it just doesn't 'fit' into footballs image.

Edit: there is also the rumour about Ashley Cole sticking the mobile phone up his arse and that Cheryl marries him so she could shed the racist image and he could shed the gay image.

lmao, i know John personally, he's not gay, wtf, he's got two kids

Latest