Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I wonder, how much should I ask for walking the dogs and cleaning the house per hour (in euros) what are ur suggestions?
    p.s. Just wanted to find some part time job like that, but dunno for how much should I ask. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, no one is answering...

ReputationRep:
    first of all. how old are you. The wage you could reasonably expect depends on how old you are. If you are under 16 probs the equivalent of £3.00 for something like that im afraid If you are over that age then maybe about £4.50?? However, it depends on how expensive things are in sweden and how rich the people are who are going to be paying you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belafron)
    first of all. how old are you. The wage you could reasonably expect depends on how old you are. If you are under 16 probs the equivalent of £3.00 for something like that im afraid If you are over that age then maybe about £4.50?? However, it depends on how expensive things are in sweden and how rich the people are who are going to be paying you!
    I am 20
    And you wrote about amount of money, but you wrote it for dog walking or for cleaning the houses? or both?
    Thnak you very much for your answer :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    are you talking about been an au paiur in the uk or are you talking about doing this in your own country?

ReputationRep:
    are you talking about been an au paiur in the uk or are you talking about doing this in your own country?
    Well, actually I am an au-pair, but in Sweden. And I have lots of time, and nothing to do, so was thinking about getting some job like that, because I would like to have some extra money. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    why not try some bar/shop work? alternatively, if you have lots of spare time on your hands then why not try a university course or something?

ReputationRep:
    why not try some bar/shop work? alternatively, if you have lots of spare time on your hands then why not try a university course or something?
    well, i will be in the Uni..but for this semester it will be just twice a week, and then from next semester itwill be fukl time. I dont think that I have time for that kind of a job, you suggsted, I have free time just from 8 30 in the morning till 15 00, then I am spending timw with a family...I dont think it is possible to be a bar attendor, what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    im not sure... i think that you could find part time shop work. To be honest i wouldnt really bother with walking a dog... it seems to me that thats more like work for a 14 year old. Cleaning houses could be a good idea if you have any experience. I would sk for about 10 euros an hour if you are any good...

ReputationRep:
    im not sure... i think that you could find part time shop work. To be honest i wouldnt really bother with walking a dog... it seems to me that thats more like work for a 14 year old. Cleaning houses could be a good idea if you have any experience. I would sk for about 10 euros an hour if you are any good...
    well, i am good!!! you are right about the dogs!!!! I will go to post my adv in a rich district may be someone will need my help )) thx for ur concern

ReputationRep:
    no problem.

ReputationRep:
    Just ask a little over whatever the minimum wage is in Sweden... (which I believe is quite high)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I've just checked and there is no legal minimum wage in Sweden... oops!

ReputationRep:
    Find out what other people in the area charge for the same service and undercut them.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.