Turn on thread page Beta

Lace-up boots watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think these lace-up boots are extremely sexy? Imagine them worn with a pencil skirt - meow!!

Edit: I agree they would look much better in black!!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    no. i can see them being worn with a big ruffly poncy shirt.

ReputationRep:
    Really don't like them... Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Not my kinda thing, sorry

ReputationRep:
    they look a little bit...like formal granny shoes made into boots. they'd be slightly nicer in a diffrent colour...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tate)
    they look a little bit...like formal granny shoes made into boots. they'd be slightly nicer in a diffrent colour...
    :ditto: I'm really not that keen on the colour. They would look better in black or dark brown in my opinion. The heel seems to be a funny shape too... that might just be me though.

ReputationRep:
    I like them... hmm... what skirt to wear them with though...
    although I'm not too sure about the colour. I would need them in chocolate brown to go with my wardrobe for uni - not got any money to buy any shoes this year though

ReputationRep:
    I think they're kind of gross...

ReputationRep:
    Shboots are wear it's at.

Do you people know nothing??

You're right hon, lace-up ankle boots and pencil skirt- bring it on !!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't wear them with a pencil skirt (by the way, the are divine), I would wear them with a cashmere and wool mix A-line skirt and a cable knit jumper. Then again I don't think I would wear any boots with a pencil skirt, I would only wear stilettos*. I love pencil skirts.

Edit: *and seamed tights

ReputationRep:
    Very Mary Poppins-esque.

They're a bit over the top for me personally, so yeah, go for some stylish-yet-basic clothes to help emphasise their boldness.

ReputationRep:
    Lol - my boyfriend thinks I find strange things sexy too (including Abi Titmuss )

What do you reckon to this outfit?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I love that outfit. I couldn't wear that dress though, but it looks incredible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malibu_barbie)
    I love that outfit. I couldn't wear that dress though, but it looks incredible.
    Why couldn't you wear the dress? Actually, I don't think I could either - not unless I lost a bit of weight :rolleyes: Why do clothes look so much better on thin people? (I'm size 12 at the moment - in other words, obese by fashion standards!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophistiCat)
    Why couldn't you wear the dress? Actually, I don't think I could either - not unless I lost a bit of weight :rolleyes: Why do clothes look so much better on thin people? (I'm size 12 at the moment - in other words, obese by fashion standards!)
    I would look scruffy. I look better in tailored things. I think it's to do with my figure: 38-27-37. In order to not look trashy I have to have tailoring. Everthing casual on me looks scruffy, things a little more dressed up look casual. Maybe it's just my warped view of myself.

ReputationRep:
    very thing looks scruffy on me
    I think it's to do with my hair and my legs (which are not exactly short, but compared to the rest of my body they look a tad out of proportion)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    very thing looks scruffy on me
    I think it's to do with my hair and my legs (which are not exactly short, but compared to the rest of my body they look a tad out of proportion)...
    What's wrong with your hair?

I've always thought my bum ruined my figure because it's totally out of proportion. Now, I've learned to like it because it makes my body look feminine... and people no longer think big bums are ugly (thank you Ms Lopez!)

ReputationRep:
    ooh, i :love: lace up boots (although mine have been renamed something else the swear filter wouldn't like, judging by the response from friends when i first wore them!).

decided i wanted a pair last year & finding them was a complete nightmare - but finally succeeded. now keep seeing them in fashion spreads.. :rolleyes:

i like the style of the ones you attached, SophistiCat.
    but i went for black ones in the end = more versatile with my wardrobe. & i've worn them with jeans, or an A line just below knee skirt mostly, or this gorgeous 70s style shirt type dress.. oh & a micro mini & fishnets once..but that was for a themed party! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Did you mean f*ck me boots?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophistiCat)
    What's wrong with your hair?

I've always thought my bum ruined my figure because it's totally out of proportion. Now, I've learned to like it because it makes my body look feminine... and people no longer think big bums are ugly (thank you Ms Lopez!)
    I would need to brush it all the time for it to look nice. 5 min after i brush it, it looks scruffy again

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.