nkotak2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I have been looking at private accomodation and decided on glass house but all ensuites are sold out, victoria halls are £88 a week for en suite and is 7 mins from city campus, is anyone else considering this? i just wanna make sure theres a fresher rep as goldsmith court where i was also staying is apparently not having one this year(spoke to ntu)
Jemer
Report 11 years ago
When we went to look around Goldsmiths we were told there would be a fresher rep. Quite honestly if Goldsmiths aren't having one and they are on campus, will any iof the other private accommodation be having one.
lucydj29
Report 11 years ago
Trinity Square is having fresher reps. I know someone who wants to be there rep and is being interviewed today!!
Trinity Square is really nice - even tho its more expensive than the other private accom, its defo worth considering.
nkotak2
Rep:
?
I spoke to nottingham trent accomodation today and they gave me some names of halls glass house, st peters court mill house and a few others i think trinity square was one of them too but goldsmith i repeadtly asked and they said no.
KTpie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by nkotak2)
I have been looking at private accomodation and decided on glass house but all ensuites are sold out, victoria halls are £88 a week for en suite and is 7 mins from city campus, is anyone else considering this? i just wanna make sure theres a fresher rep as goldsmith court where i was also staying is apparently not having one this year(spoke to ntu)
I live in victoria halls now so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask
We didn't have a fresher rep this year but there's a guy that lives here that does promos for all the clubs and was around if we wanted to get tickets to a lot of the events
nkotak2
Rep:
?
(Original post by KTpie)
I live in victoria halls now so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask
We didn't have a fresher rep this year but there's a guy that lives here that does promos for all the clubs and was around if we wanted to get tickets to a lot of the events

Thanks, im just filling in the application form was slightly confused it said it would take the first installment on the 1st august which is probably before my student loan comes in and before i even know if i got the grades? Did u have this problem?

Also how many are ntu freshers and is it mixed with girls and boys like a fair proportion, and how lively is it and do ntu give u a timetable of events happening to help you fit in or do they not support you at all?

Im looking for somewhere lively, so hope this will be! How far is it from the city campus thanks
rasai786
Report 11 years ago
Thanks, im just filling in the application form was slightly confused it said it would take the first installment on the 1st august which is probably before my student loan comes in and before i even know if i got the grades? Did u have this problem?

Also how many are ntu freshers and is it mixed with girls and boys like a fair proportion, and how lively is it and do ntu give u a timetable of events happening to help you fit in or do they not support you at all?

Im looking for somewhere lively, so hope this will be! How far is it from the city campus thanks

I'd love to know all this too actually, LOL

Considering Vicky Halls... and I'm having doubts about the whole payment thing aswell...
nkotak2
Rep:
?
(Original post by rasai786)

Considering Vicky Halls... and I'm having doubts about the whole payment thing aswell...

its hard as we need to send it off asap b4 it runs out, i decided today instead either to ask parents to sub me it or set up a student account (barclays let you apply) for up to £2000 and explain the situation and see if theyll give a student overdraft until our student loan comes in!

victoria halls seems really popular and lively from what i have heard
KTpie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Yeah they take the first installment early, i got into uni on an unconditional offer but i think they'd probably give you it back if you didn't get the grades to get in, i'd check with them about that. Although if you're going to trent they are pretty chilled with letting people in anyway, so i wouldnt worry too much
With my rent my dad payed it and then i payed him back once loan came through, but my friend who lives here payed it out of her overdraft on her student account so you have options

It's a very lively place to live, i've really enjoyed it here. There's a mixture of people, from NTU, from the colleges, and from confetti (no notts uni people though as far as i know) so it's nice cause you meet a good mix of people. In my flat there's 5 of us, one second year and the rest of us are freshers, 2 girls and 5 guys. Next door it's similar, and we're really good friends with that flat and another couple flats in our block.

Don't worry about not fitting in with other freshers, you get a freshers pack from trent with loads of info about everything that's going on, timetable of events, everything. They're very supportive in freshers week. Also, they organise events for people living in non-uni halls and houses and stuff so you can meet other people that way also. I guess i was lucky with the people i live with, but we were out together every night the first few weeks

It is lively, but obviously that depends on who you live with and make friends with, there's always people around though. It get's really noisy a lot of the time too but you gotta expect that with halls. If you're in phase 1, there's like a courtyard thing in the middle and people tend to congregate there.

Have you had a look round yet? The rooms are really nice, tbh nicer than the uni halls i've seen so i wouldn't worry about missing out on getting into trent halls.

Annnnd it's not far from the trent campus, about a 10 min walk. Obviously not as convenient as the halls up there, but it's close to town and Aldi and everything too so v handy.

Anyway give us a shout if you wanna know anything else
KTpie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by rasai786)

quoted you so you'll see my above post in the thread
OJM32
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hi im in the same situation thanks for all your help KTpie defo booking Victoria Halls just a few more questions

Are the management really strict about having people stay over?
Do they treat you like kids?
read a few reviews saying the above

Thanks in advance
nkotak2
Rep:
?
I sent my application form today for a deluxue room! £92 a week is brilliant for everything you get!

i read the review your on about ojm32 and it was like from a few years ago, i have spoken to people since who love it!
nkotak2
Rep:
?
(Original post by KTpie)
Yeah they take the first installment early, i got into uni on an unconditional offer but i think they'd probably give you it back if you didn't get the grades to get in, i'd check with them about that. Although if you're going to trent they are pretty chilled with letting people in anyway, so i wouldnt worry too much
With my rent my dad payed it and then i payed him back once loan came through, but my friend who lives here payed it out of her overdraft on her student account so you have options

It's a very lively place to live, i've really enjoyed it here. There's a mixture of people, from NTU, from the colleges, and from confetti (no notts uni people though as far as i know) so it's nice cause you meet a good mix of people. In my flat there's 5 of us, one second year and the rest of us are freshers, 2 girls and 5 guys. Next door it's similar, and we're really good friends with that flat and another couple flats in our block.

Don't worry about not fitting in with other freshers, you get a freshers pack from trent with loads of info about everything that's going on, timetable of events, everything. They're very supportive in freshers week. Also, they organise events for people living in non-uni halls and houses and stuff so you can meet other people that way also. I guess i was lucky with the people i live with, but we were out together every night the first few weeks

It is lively, but obviously that depends on who you live with and make friends with, there's always people around though. It get's really noisy a lot of the time too but you gotta expect that with halls. If you're in phase 1, there's like a courtyard thing in the middle and people tend to congregate there.

Have you had a look round yet? The rooms are really nice, tbh nicer than the uni halls i've seen so i wouldn't worry about missing out on getting into trent halls.

Annnnd it's not far from the trent campus, about a 10 min walk. Obviously not as convenient as the halls up there, but it's close to town and Aldi and everything too so v handy.

Anyway give us a shout if you wanna know anything else
thanks it helped alot, i hope im in the same situation as you, im going into phase 1 deluxue room so should be sharing with 4-5 people which is good, Are there alot of parties and stuff?
OJM32
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thanks for the info are you a fresher (Nkotak2)?

And are the deluxe rooms worth it because i might change applied for a standard room at the moment
nkotak2
Rep:
?
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=122102411147139&v=wall&ref=ts if your staying at victoria halls
OJM32
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Its not coming up on facebook when i paste it in :s

And have u got any info on the deluxe rooms ?

Thanks
nkotak2
Rep:
?
nah all i know is its double bed bigger room and bathroom and facebook "victoria halls freshers 2010 nottingham"
OJM32
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yh think im going to ring up tomorrow and ask if i can change!

Btw joined the group and added u on fb
KTpie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by OJM32)
Thanks for the info are you a fresher (Nkotak2)?

And are the deluxe rooms worth it because i might change applied for a standard room at the moment
The delux rooms are nice but imo i wouldn't pay the extra. It just means you get a double bed and your room's a bit bigger, but the standard rooms are really nice anyway
rasai786
Report 11 years ago
its hard as we need to send it off asap b4 it runs out, i decided today instead either to ask parents to sub me it or set up a student account (barclays let you apply) for up to £2000 and explain the situation and see if theyll give a student overdraft until our student loan comes in!

victoria halls seems really popular and lively from what i have heard
cheers for that, i might just apply for a student account now.
do you think its too early to apply for one yet... or should i just go for it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (11)
12.94%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.24%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.88%
I need help with my personal statement (35)
41.18%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (22)
25.88%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.35%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
3.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed