Yearbook Watch

This discussion is closed.
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I was meant to get my yearbook on results day, but I was away, so I asked them to post it to me instead. Over a week later I've still not had it, and I'm really annoyed because I forked out £15 when I had virtually no money at the time. I tried emailing the person in charge, but I've had no reply to that. Grrr, are yearbooks really worth it?! Or should I just demand my money back? :mad:
Wayvelength
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Demand the book. One day you'll pull it out of the attic and think "wow, those days were great. Ohhh! I remember him/ her"

Since you've already paid for it, then I think you should get it.
Agrippina
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wayvelength)
Demand the book. One day you'll pull it out of the attic and think "wow, those days were great. Ohhh! I remember him/ her"

Since you've already paid for it, then I think you should get it.
Yeah, I wanted it for prosterity really, I didn't enjoy my sixth form days much, but still - it will be good to look back on them. I emailed them on Monday, when do you reckon's a reasonable time to email them again?!
Fleece
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ring the *******s!
Agrippina
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fleece)
ring the *******s!
It's someone from my year organising the yearbooks and I don't have her phone number, or know anyone who would have it... she was in a different circle of friends from me :s:
Wayvelength
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
Yeah, I wanted it for prosterity really, I didn't enjoy my sixth form days much, but still - it will be good to look back on them. I emailed them on Monday, when do you reckon's a reasonable time to email them again?!
E-mail them again on Monday. If they don't reply on Tuesday, then I think it would be reasonable to ring them on Wednesday.
Agrippina
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wayvelength)
E-mail them again on Monday. If they don't reply on Tuesday, then I think it would be reasonable to ring them on Wednesday.
Hmm, if only I had their phone number. I might have known I'd have to chase it up, if I had been in her circle of friends I bet I'd have got it straight away! :mad:
fabulous_darling
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You could try ringing your sixth form and then ask them to get in touch with her as they're bound to have her number on their records. Explain the situation and I'm sure they'd do it.

It's definitely worth having a yearbook
Fragsta
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
At my school, we've organised as the YE to make yearbooks for the 5th form (the post-GCSE leavers), and in the process it has made us all wish the YE had made us yearbooks last year.

I used to get them at my old school. At the time they weren't worth much but looking back at them now, it almost brings a tear to my eye.
Gem
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah don't demand your money back...£15 is a lot when your skint BUT when you're 40 and you're sorting out your loft you can show your kids what your school was like and it'll bring back good memories
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hmm. We didn't do yearbooks. ='/

Didn't you sorta hate everyone at your sixth form?
Agrippina
Rep:
?
(Original post by mockel)
Hmm. We didn't do yearbooks. ='/

Didn't you sorta hate everyone at your sixth form?
Mostly :p: But that isn't really the point, it's a matter of principle - I paid £15 for it, which felt more like £15000 at the time because I had - and still have - no money, and if I don't get that yearbook soon, there's gonna be trouble! :security:
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nah, I don't blame you for wanting them now.
It's just you dishing out £15 in the first place which is baffling. I know sentimental reasons blah blah, but still...

You could've used that money for an oversized authentic pizza or something.
Agrippina
Rep:
?
(Original post by mockel)
Nah, I don't blame you for wanting them now.
It's just you dishing out £15 in the first place which is baffling. I know sentimental reasons blah blah, but still...

You could've used that money for an oversized authentic pizza or something.
One day it'll be good to look back on, when I've forgotten all but the good memories! :p:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.82%
No (661)
60.7%
Not really bothered about them (223)
20.48%

Watched Threads