Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niccolo)
    Why are you worried if you practice safe sex??
    Um, I think he was being facetious...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmyjack)
    So if we all died because of STD's, since we have had used no protection, how have we managed to survive so many millions of years? Yet, now we are seeing more sexual diseases then ever and are threatened by AIDS. How will you survive with your policy since you will still have to reproduce too in order to survive, your comment was not very well thought out, neither was the one before it, which didn't make sense, good job you edited it.
    I'm afraid that you're disregarding the fact that its taken most STDs a very long time to develop, things don't just evolve overnight which is why humans have lived very much free of serious and deadly STDs for most of their lifespan. Really, fatal STDs are a very new occurence.

ReputationRep:
    Because it is just like me asking which is most likely going to give you AIDS, a) eating a sandwich b) eating an apple c) having unprotected gay sex.

Oh that is definitely c.
    So you're saying that teenage sex which leads to pregnancy (i.e. largely unprotected and definately not careful) along with unprotected sex are as likely to contract a person AIDS as eating an apple or a sandwich :rolleyes: . I'm glad you're not my doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Homosexuality is a terrible sin, can you imagine what God would do if he where to walk among us and see this perversion rife in our cities.
    Assuming the God you are talking about is the Christian one, and assuming that 'he' exists, I suppose he would say something like...

"Well, what do you know, it would seem that I have incarnated into human form again. It's just as well I am omnipotent and omniscient, otherwise all of this would have come as a bit of a shock."

ReputationRep:
    In response to what Howard said a few pages ago - I think disagreeing with beliefs in a religion is an extremely good reason to 'run screaming the other direction'.

If you disagree with what satanism teaches, for example, then you choose not to be a part of it - simple as that. The point of having a religion is because you agree with what it says and want to show your support and agreement for these beliefs.

Practising homosexuals do not think what they do is wrong (else they wouldn't do it) - this means they directly disagree with something in the bible.

I do admire and respect the more liberal Christians who accept that some things in it are archaic and the point of Xtianity is to dwell on the 'Dos' and not the 'Don'ts'. I think this approach is much warmer and fuzzier and generally to be encouraged.

ReputationRep:
    LOL!!! I cannot believe you really think that a Hurricane is made to destroy the gays!!! and what about the people that are not gay??!?!!?!?!

YOU JUST SAID ****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsune)
    LOL!!! I cannot believe you really think that a Hurricane is made to destroy the gays!!! and what about the people that are not gay??!?!!?!?!

YOU JUST SAID ****!
    He targeted the area not the people.

ReputationRep:
    when... then your god IS AN UNRESPECTUL KILLER!!! Would I even say a terrorist? (dont kill a person but loads of them)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsune)
    when... then your god IS AN UNRESPECTUL KILLER!!! Would I even say a terrorist? (dont kill a person but loads of them)
    Life belongs to God so he can take it back whenever he pleases.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niccolo)
    Why are you worried if you practice safe sex??
    1st. The first time I took the test... I was worried about playing thigns that you do in bed... taht although it's not penetration, if you have an open wound... it may led to the possibility of been infected....

and 2nd I have practiced unsafe sex with 3 people... one of them... I was practising unsafe sex for 5 months!!! In the other two cases... I was just stupid... although they were not two "people" they are my "friends"... in a way... however I've learnt my lesson!

ReputationRep:
    My Life Doesnt Belong To Anyone But Me!!!

ReputationRep:
    The epicentre of the Hurricane Katrina's destruction was the gay area of New Orleans. That is what God thinks of your perverse homosexuality.
    Or what he thinks of Americans?

ReputationRep:
    Life belongs to God so he can take it back whenever he pleases.
    If that's the case, why doesn't he make all the homosexuals die suddenly from heart faliure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)
    If that's the case, why doesn't he make all the homosexuals die suddenly from heart faliure?
    Because he is compassionate, caring and forgiving, he would rather you turn away from the perverse way of life. That is why he sends huge signs to show you that it is wrong, but you ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    Because he is compassionate, caring and forgiving, he would rather you turn away from the perverse way of life. That is why he sends huge signs to show you that it is wrong, but you ignore them.
    If we're going to hell, and you want us to go to hell, why do you care?

ReputationRep:
    So killing innocent by-standers along with the sinners is compassionate, caring and forgiving? Strange ideas you have there... :confused:

EDIT: You'll probably claim that no-one is innocent and that we all deserve to be swatted like pesky flies by our compassionate creator...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)
    If we're going to hell, and you want us to go to hell, why do you care?
    Because I'm trying to do the job God wants me to do, and save people from the eternal fire that God also wants to save you from, but in the freedom of choice that God gave you in order to choose heaven or hell, most people unwittingly opt for hell.

Satan is responsible for this, and he has done it through deception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarathustra)
    I know, I know. Sorry, I meant simply that the fact that everyone is supposedly labelled as a sinner means that it then becomes no good reason to condemn homosexuals specifically, as it's equivalent to calling them 'no worse than anyone else'. Universal application kinda....devalues the currency of the word :p:
    I'm not condemning homosexuals specifically.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I can't believe we're actually even arguing this point with him.

Hurricane Katrina was not sent by God to kill gay people. This is a monumentally stupid idea, and is not debateworthy to any extent. What the hell do you mean by the 'gay' area of New Orleans anyway? 80% of the city was underwater last time I checked.

Speaking of sin, do you not see the irony is so loudly condemning the supposed sins of others while celebrating the deaths of hundreds of people, and ruined lives of so many more? Me thinks you need to go back to your church, and have a little chat with your priest about whether Christianity is about caring for those in need or cheering on hurricanes.

ReputationRep:
    lol you guys... are really an entertaiment!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2005
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.