Turn on thread page Beta

Homosexuality watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Now if I distinguished STI information using other sociological grouping such as race...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Neither's contraception. Yet you're shoving all the blame on homosexuals.
    It is a homosexual thread is it not? I sure as hell would be dealt a volley of more pathetic comments insisting I kept to the topic if I talked about anything other then homosexuality. In the abortion forum I would make the point in there too. That is another great legalised activity, abortion, wow, what a kind loving tolerant society we are, we love perverts but we hate our kids, so we dismember them with the aid of doctors, the very people that are meant to help and protect the vulnerable.

The world is insane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Now if I distinguished STI information using other sociological grouping such as race...:rolleyes:
    Well then she'd probably say they were perverse and want rid of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenj)
    we love perverts but we hate our kids, so we dismember them with the aid of doctors, the very people that are meant to help and protect the vulnerable.

The world is insane.
    So an abortion, as defined by you, is an evil doctor dismemebering a child, probably with no anaesthetic to boot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oneway)
    like i would kill myself lol just saying its how u make people feel
    prevert ? :eek: get a life !
    you need banning from this forum, ur a disgrace ! :mad:

You are against freedom of speech, you are a disgrace!

ReputationRep:
    You are against freedom of speech, you are a disgrace!
    freedom of speech yes, you no !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    So an abortion, as defined by you, is an evil doctor dismemebering a child, probably with no anaesthetic to boot?
    No, the pill induces abortions too, the murderer is the individual that takes the decision to kill the human, the doctor is merely an accessory to murder.

ReputationRep:
    You also, sad to say, have the debating skills of a four-year-old. (And that's being generous). You have provided not one iota of evidence to the effect that homosexuality is a perversion (it's legal, it's not on the register of mental illnesses). You have not provided any evidence to support your claim that homosexuality is responsible for declining birth rates (people were gay even in times when they were rising). You have provided no evidence, in fact, for anything except your claim that birth rates in some European countries are falling, which nobody has disagreed with anyway.

You have done nothing but make a total arse of yourself - why can't you realise that nobody is taking you seriously? That you will never convince anyone of your viewpoint unless you cut all the crap and just talk some sense without resorting to gibberish, illogicality, and offensive insults?

Shut the fudge up, if you can't play nice.

Zarathustra.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oneway)
    freedom of speech yes, you no !
    Please make sense.

ReputationRep:
    All developing societies follow the demographic transition model and are mainly sustained by immigration towards the end of their development, because people CHOOSE not to have children.

Since there are just as many homosexuals in non-developed countries the thesis under question does not make sense.

This debate reminds me of the attempt to back up discrimination against black people with 'scientific' evidence from 'the bell-curve'. All utterly ridiculous!

It sickens me that people can not tolerate sexual relations between consented adults. The word 'perverted' should not be thrown around like a cheap toy. It is important that it is reserved for rapists and peadophiles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarathustra)
    You also, sad to say, have the debating skills of a four-year-old. (And that's being generous). You have provided not one iota of evidence to the effect that homosexuality is a perversion (it's legal, it's not on the register of mental illnesses). You have not provided any evidence to support your claim that homosexuality is responsible for declining birth rates (people were gay even in times when they were rising). You have provided no evidence, in fact, for anything except your claim that birth rates in some European countries are falling, which nobody has disagreed with anyway.

You have done nothing but make a total arse of yourself - why can't you realise that nobody is taking you seriously? That you will never convince anyone of your viewpoint unless you cut all the crap and just talk some sense without resorting to gibberish, illogicality, and offensive insults?

Shut the fudge up, if you can't play nice.

Zarathustra.
    -Likewise-

We have condoms and all this advanced medicine, these things weren’t available in the past so why are the cases of all these SDTs at there highest ever, it is because we have become a very perverse nation?

Open your eyes and take off your blinkers. I have provided links, you are the one that have provided nothing.

AIDS rife

STDs rife

Homosexuality Rife

You lose, I win.

GAME OVER!

ReputationRep:
    You lose, I win.
    Everyone who followed the logic leading to this conclusion raise your hands.

ZarathustraX

ReputationRep:
    -Likewise-

We have condoms and all this advanced medicine, these things weren’t available in the past so why are the cases of all these SDTs at there highest ever, it is because we have become a very perverse nation?

Open your eyes and take off your blinkers. I have provided links, you are the one that have provided nothing.

AIDS rife

STDs rife

Homosexuality Rife

You lose, I win.

GAME OVER!
    North sea cod - increasing population

Indians - increasing population

obese people - increasing population

I win, you lose.

MB

ReputationRep:

AIDS rife

STDs rife

Homosexuality Rife

You lose, I win.
    Homosexuality has ALWAYS been 'rife'.
    STD's are rife because of promiscuity, nothing else. Yes some of the gay community may be promiscuous, (but some heterosexuals are too) and this may cause the spread of STD's, but that's another argument. We are arguing about homosexuality 'per se' being perverse and leading to the downfall of society. If homosexuals practice safe sex and are not promiscuous, how does this ruin our world?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarathustra)
    Everyone who followed the logic leading to this conclusion raise your hands.

ZarathustraX
    Don't forget this logic too:

AIDS rife

STDs rife

Homosexuality Rife

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Homosexuality has ALWAYS been 'rife'.
    STD's are rife because of promiscuity, nothing else. Yes some of the gay community may be promiscuous, (but some heterosexuals are too) and this may cause the spread of STD's, but that's another argument. We are arguing about homosexuality 'per se' being perverse and leading to the downfall of society. If homosexuals practice safe sex and are not promiscuous, how does this ruin our world?
    If they where not promiscuous they would not be gay.

Ask yourself are we really a more caring and loving society, is our acceptance of homosexuality a result of great liberalisation and a loving tolerant nature? If so why do we happen to have a dwindling population at the same time as an explosion of homosexuals? Why if we are so tolerant and caring, do we butcher 180 000 babies every year? We are perverse, we have STD’s at there highest ever, yet we have more condoms and sex education then ever before. And what is your solution: more sex education and more freely available condoms and contraceptives, well these were not available 50 years ago yet there were no where near as many STD’s and such, where was sex education then? Where were the condoms then? Where were the millions of homosexuals then? Where the gay bars, the legal civil unions? Where was the population crisis?

ReputationRep:
    If so why do we happen to have a dwindling population at the same time as an explosion of homosexuals?
    There's not 'an explosion of homosexuals'!(although i'm having fun trying to visualise that)
    I've just said, homosexuality has been around as far back as you care to mention, so how you are created this mythical link with population decrease i don't know.

ReputationRep:
    If they where not promiscuous they would not be gay.
    Utter nonsense. You don't think there are any promiscuous heterosexuals, or any homosexuals with only one sexual partner? How on earth do you know?

ReputationRep:
    1.) I'm a homosexual in a loving, long-term relationship, I have had one sexual partner, I am educated, I work, I contribute to society and give back to the community... How is my homosexuality leading to a rise in STD's? Why is my behaviour any les moral than yours>? Have you had as pure a life as I so far? I doubt it...

2.) There is a difference between CORRELATION and CAUSE AND EFFECT. For instance I could argue that a the rise in ice cream sales is causing people to sweat more, both of which are true, but it is a third factor: The heat of the sun which is causing both. A simple correlation between two variables does not mean that one causes the other since using this logic you can argue almost anything as a previous poster tried to tell you.

3.) I'm confused... You said earlier that I'm only gay if I'm promiscous? So does a monogomous relationship with a man not count then?

4.) Perhaps you should focus your attack on factors which really can lead to a rise in STD's: Culture, education etc etc.

I'm done! Please use some coherent logic! You are talking ot educated people. Raise your game!

ReputationRep:
    ? We are perverse, we have STD’s at there highest ever, yet we have more condoms and sex education then ever before. And what is your solution: more sex education and more freely available condoms and contraceptives, well these were not available 50 years ago yet there were no where near as many STD’s and such, where was sex education then? Where were the condoms then? Where were the millions of homosexuals then? Where the gay bars, the legal civil unions? Where was the population crisis?[/QUOTE]

We are perverse, we have STD'S? Talking about yourself matey, but don't generalise, because I don't have STD's, ok? What is it with these boards? All of a sudden we all sleep around, and have STD's?
    :eek:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2005
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.