Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    for a really really good job - have no-one I know there, and its a cool as job.

ReputationRep:
    northamptonshire rocks!!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    it does??? ok where would you live? the villages are cool but town centre like all is not that fun atm we have rapists abducting and gang raping women which is great...but on the up side we are only half and hours from CMK - great shopping and the bull ring is an hr which is even more shopping. the countryside here is beautiful, northampton is the home of shoes - we even have a shoe museum so cool... - we have gallones ice cream factory carlsberg factory and weetabix too so you'll never go hungry!
    lots of great bands im sure have come from northampton i just cant remember atm
    lol
    this probably doesnt help but you can pm me to ask more??

ReputationRep:
    It depends on where you live now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by segat1)
    for a really really good job - have no-one I know there, and its a cool as job.
    I wouldn't recommend Northampton unless you currently live in Slough

ReputationRep:
    I live in Cambridge, but huge thanks for your help. I have no idea what PT is like so maybe have to drive to work. Just wondering if its worth it - why not just move to london - I find Cambridge isolating enough!

ReputationRep:
    I AM TELLIN U DO NOT MOVE

IVE LIVED HERE FOR 10 YRS...DONT ALLOW YOURSELF TO SUFFER MY PAIN
    northampton is dangerous at the moment-rapist gang going around plus its jus soooo dulll

DONT DO IT

ReputationRep:
    Depends where in Northampton. I lived in South Northampton, which is a lovely area. You can walk into the town centre (ish - 40 minutes walk, 5-10 by car) and if you walk out the other end of the villiage you're in country lanes and green fields. However if you live in one of the estates in the town, then it's not nice. I like Northampton town centre - good bars, decent cinema and some pretty nice shops dotted around. However it does have quite a few chavs now and bits of the centre have a violence problem in the evening. Plus this rapist thing now.

I have to say, even living in as gorgeous a place as Oxford, I miss home at times, but it really depends where you live. Out of the town is nice, Southern part of the town is nice and centre's ok, but the estates (mostly in the North) really aren't.

ReputationRep:
    This is probably not much help at all as I live in Milton Keynes but from what I've seen of Northampton it's a nice enough place - although I havent seen that much of it - only the rugby ground!

whoop! come on u saints! lets have a better season than last!

ReputationRep:
    i live near Silverstone (the british f1 track) and its a ten minute drive to northampton from my house, id recommend moving to this area, but maybe look at moving to a tow like Towcester or somewhere thats not in the centre of northampton, theres lots of lovely villages out my way
    Greens Norton
    Blakesley
    Silverstone
    Abthorpe
    Potterspury
    Paulersbury
    Blisworth
    Milton Malsor
    http://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/
    there is info about the area on that site.
    pm me if you wanna kno anything x

ReputationRep:
    Why not.

ReputationRep:
    went through it for the first time on the coach the other week. dont dare move there, they have a place called 'the jesus centre' with a trying-to-look-hip slanted crucafix on the front! if that doesnt sum it up, i don't know what will!

ReputationRep:
    Bear in mind i am 25. I dont want to move somewhere with no social/party/bars etc and bad shopping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by segat1)
    Bear in mind i am 25. I dont want to move somewhere with no social/party/bars etc and bad shopping.
    It's close to MK, has some pretty reasonable shopping and is pretty well stocked for bars and clubs - everything from Wetherspoons to a couple of expensive cocktail bars/clubs. The good places tend to get very busy though.

ReputationRep:
    The nightlife is alright in Northampton and MK. in Northampton, theres a few clubs-Time and Envy, Hush, Rise, Chicagos etc and then theres bridge street which has a few bars on and the welly road which has loads of bars along it!
    Whenever i go to mk i jus go to the theatre district, theres a wetherspoons, Revolutions, Mood and Oceana there! pretty wicked! d say the nightlife was good in these parts!!
    The shopping in MK is awesome, it had a new bit added recently with some good shops in! Northampton is ok, not anywhere near as good as MK but theres plenty of shops!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.