Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    favourite sound... when a great song that you haven't heard for ages comes on the radio (like just then Travis- why does it alway rain on me?)

or when you wake up somewhere and you can hardly hear anything at all- there's no music, no voices, no cars goin past etc. last time i really heard this was when i when i went skiing last year. i woke up early and went onto the balcony and i could hear absalutely nothing, everything was really still.

lou xxx
    i like it when i go to camp, and how if you wake up first, theres no1 there, and everyone is REALLY quiet......and you can go out of your cabin and no-one will notice, and then everyone starts to wake up, and there is isnt any cars, just voices, and they echo all over camp....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    d'oh
    Why does d'oh have an apostrophe, anyway? Does it stand for something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecjs)
    Why does d'oh have an apostrophe, anyway? Does it stand for something?
    i dunno, thats the way they spell in it in the dictionary though (websters that is)

ReputationRep:
    the beach, when no-one else is there. Or waves crashing into cliffs.

ReputationRep:
    most animals are nice to listen to.. like birds or wales or dolphins..

ReputationRep:
    As Nora Jones mentions in 'Come Away with me'... I love to hear the sound of rain on a timber roof. My favourite time to listen is when sitting in my livingroom with my family or my girlfriend next to our log fire.

Or indeed as i drift off to sleep at night, i find next to nothing more relaxing than that

Although i equally enjoy listening to the rain when i am outside (in the rain), listening to the splattering of the raindrops into the puddles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt the cat)
    As Nora Jones mentions in 'Come Away with me'... I love to hear the sound of rain on a timber roof. My favourite time to listen is when sitting in my livingroom with my family or my girlfriend next to our log fire.

Or indeed as i drift off to sleep at night, i find next to nothing more relaxing than that

Although i equally enjoy listening to the rain when i am outside (in the rain), listening to the splattering of the raindrops into the puddles
    actually i do really like the sound of rain, it makes you feel all warm and safe if you're inside and you can hear it pouring down. when i walk in the rain it always makes me want my bf, especially if it's down the pier where i live (you have to walk halfway down it to get to the cinema or bowling or some shops) and ages ago when i'd temporarily split up with him i started crying when i was walking along there in the rain... it was just one of those days.

lou xxx

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.