AS level Economics books? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Icy Ghost
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I've looked in my local WHSmiths and I cannot find a single A level Economics exercise book! I need just an exercise book that covers roughly the AS or whole A level syllabus, or a text book at A level standard.
Does anyone know the titles of any good Economics books? I cannot buy online and I cannot order from WHSmiths because I have to wait for 3 months for the next order!
(If a thread about this has been done before, could someone please post the link?)
Any help would be appreciated!
sweet_gurl
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hi, I was having the same problem as you, but I managed to find these books on Amazon for the various exam boards.

Go to amazon.co.uk and search 'Student Book for AS and A2 (Heinemann Economics)'

Hope this is helpful!
no_name
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i used that book for my AS level and it was useless! the best one i found was "Economics through diagrams" or sumthing like that. it has a black cover and covers everything you need to know
Icy Ghost
Rep:
?
(Original post by no_name)
i used that book for my AS level and it was useless! the best one i found was "Economics through diagrams" or sumthing like that. it has a black cover and covers everything you need to know
What shops is this book available in?
V.G.K
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've seen and bought that book in my local Ottakers, and the book is published by Oxford University press. I am sure you can ask them to order it if you have a local Ottakers.
no_name
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i got it from Amazon
Icy Ghost
Rep:
?
Thanks for your help guys
Lykabelle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I just had the same problem like you yesterday. I went to WH Smiths and couldn't find one so i ordered one. I went to waterstones and I found one so try there also.
Multiplexed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why bother with books?

www.tutor2u.net

The best resource you will ever need for Economics AS/A-Level. However, if you do need some paper material, they do some GREAT books aswell.
Spikerocker
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have a huge A level text book I never opened. In fact it was so out of date my teacher had bought us new books, but couldn't be bothered to drag the book back into school so didn't change it. Just take decent notes in class about the theory, if your having any problems that website which I dnt know whether I am allowed to mention or not *cough *tutor2u* cough* is pretty good for explaining things.
Lykabelle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oh yes tutor2u is very good. It was helpful for GCSE Business Studies. Our school got some exam pack with practise exam questions and answers and that was very useful for our exams. I've also seen some economics material so that should be helpful.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.91%
No (440)
73.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise