Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    alright people,

since my parents are still abroad when im off up to leeds (im coming back early) i am having to make my own way there.

looking around at national express i stumbled upon something called the Megabus, i have heard of it before from a mates sister vaguely.

anyways it was...free! dunno why but all i had to pay for a coach from London Victoria to Leeds was a 50p booking fee! Admittedly i heard the coaches are ****** ex-London bus affairs, but thats better than paying 26 quid for national express.

anyways just thought id share

ReputationRep:
    it can be really cheap like that, or it can be like £16 or so :-\
    theyre doing a free seats offer atm so thats why you got it free

ReputationRep:
    well how do they make any bloody money?

ReputationRep:
    theyre really massive buses so there are lots of ppl and the prices go up as it gets closer to the time fo travel and also the booking fee prob helps (a little).

ive never used it but i reckon i will ALOT as national express is kinda expensive compared to this unless u can get a funfare...but u gotta be lucky....AND THE TRAIN FARES!!!!!!!!! - £47 (open return) from leeds to where i live (south london)...dont they realise were students and have like NO MONEY!!!!

ReputationRep:
    i live richmond area, so by the time i have got the train/tube to kings cross to get the train up to leeds i coulda been halfway there on the national expres coach from heathrow.

where you from in sarfff london

ReputationRep:
    I've been going from Hampshire-Leeds by National Express all last year (probably 12 trips) - joy 7 hours of crampyness!

Tip: NationalExpress website site, click the Ways to Save tab, then the Fun Fares bit. You will most likely be able to get up to Leeds for £1.

The reason I would by far recommend National Express over Megabus is that the luggage limit is much much higher in the former. I've gotten away with 2 HUGE suitcases plus onboard baggage. Megabus however seem to have a really stingy limit. As you are taking yourself up for the firsttime, you are obviously going to need as much luggage as you are allowed (Well, I filled up a LandRover on my first trip so even National Express wouldn't have been enough!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mylesper)
    i live richmond area, so by the time i have got the train/tube to kings cross to get the train up to leeds i coulda been halfway there on the national expres coach from heathrow.

where you from in sarfff london

i live quite near u - in surbiton. mb 2 start off with u shld just try out diff ways of traveling and then find the best one.

ReputationRep:
    WOW £1 thats amazing!!!

ReputationRep:
    MEGABUSSS!! and actually.. they are worse than ex london buses... ex MANCHESTER buses!! (stagecoach is a north west company) the first so many seats on each trip are £1 each way plus 50p booking fee for your whole booking.. i've used them from manchester/london MANY a time and never had any problems one day I'm gonna try the aberdeen/london for a £1 jobby for a bit of a laugh

I highly recommend the MEGABUS experience

BUT they only allow ONE SMALL suitcase so if you're moving up with it.. not so good!

University open days

1. University of Leeds
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.