The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

noofruit,

You got 85 GCSE points. out of a possible 88 (for your 11 GCSEs)

Your average Points per GCSE is 7.7 out of 8

Your percentile (0 being the best and 100 being the worst) is 0.5%

This means that you are in the top 0.5% of the country.

It also means that you are in the top 3750 students out of 750000, nationally.

Your Oxbridge Admissions Score is 9.8 (This is scored by giving 1 for every A* and 0.6 for every A. This higher this is, the more likely you are to be offered a place an Oxbridge.)
Your Predicted number of ALevel Points is around 420. (This is derived from using the 'average' progession from GCSE to ALevel.) Remember, that an average means very little indeed. With hard work you can improve this considerbly.
This is the equivalent of AAA+ over 3 subjects.

Finally, nationally, 1 in every 200 students, possesses your level of ability or above.

Congratulations for your superb grades and well done for your hard work over the last two years! Enjoy the remainder of the holidays and good luck for your AS Levels!
Reply 81
Please note these are statistics. They have no real meaning if you work hard!
Vazzyb
Please note these are statistics. They have no real meaning if you work hard!

One thing they don't take into consideration is if you are taking more than 3 A levels.
Reply 83
Yea, then you must go by the point scores really. That was just the 'equivalent'.
I only took 8 GCSEs but this wasn't necessarily a reflection of my ability: that was just the number I was allowed to do at my school. A bit silly really, because I could have coped with more but instead did the same number as people in my year who were barely literate.

You got 63 GCSE points. out of a possible 64 (for your 8 GCSEs)

Your average Points per GCSE is 7.9 out of 8

Your percentile (0 being the best and 100 being the worst) is 0.1%

This means that you are in the top 0.1% of the country.

It also means that you are in the top 750 students out of 750000, nationally.

Your Oxbridge Admissions Score is 7.6 (This is scored by giving 1 for every A* and 0.6 for every A. This higher this is, the more likely you are to be offered a place an Oxbridge.)
Your Predicted number of ALevel Points is around 420. (This is derived from using the 'average' progession from GCSE to ALevel.) Remember, that an average means very little indeed. With hard work you can improve this considerbly.

Finally, nationally, 1 in every 1000 students, possesses your level of ability or above.
Reply 85
"You got 79 GCSE points. out of a possible 80 (for your 10 GCSEs)

Your average Points per GCSE is 7.9 out of 8

Your percentile (0 being the best and 100 being the worst) is 0.1%

This means that you are in the top 0.1% of the country.

It also means that you are in the top 750 students out of 750000, nationally.

Your Oxbridge Admissions Score is 9.6 (This is scored by giving 1 for every A* and 0.6 for every A. This higher this is, the more likely you are to be offered a place an Oxbridge.)

Finally, nationally, 1 in every 1000 students, possesses your level of ability or above."

I'm happy with that! :biggrin:
Reply 86
Sean,
# You got 73 GCSE points. out of a possible 80 (for your 10 GCSEs)
# Your average Points per GCSE is 7.3 out of 8
# Your percentile (0 being the best and 100 being the worst) is 2.6%
# This means that you are in the top 2.6% of the country.
# It also means that you are in the top 19500 students out of 750000, nationally.
# Your Oxbridge Admissions Score is 7 (This is scored by giving 1 for every A* and 0.6 for every A. This higher this is, the more likely you are to be offered a place an Oxbridge.)
Your Predicted number of ALevel Points is around 370. (This is derived from using the 'average' progession from GCSE to ALevel.) Remember, that an average means very little indeed. With hard work you can improve this considerbly.
This is the equivalent of AAA over 3 subjects.
# Finally, nationally, 1 in every 38 students, possesses your level of ability or above.
p,

You got 71 GCSE points. out of a possible 80 (for your 10 GCSEs)

Your average Points per GCSE is 7.1 out of 8

Your percentile (0 being the best and 100 being the worst) is 4.1%

This means that you are in the top 4.1% of the country.

It also means that you are in the top 30750 students out of 750000, nationally.

Your Oxbridge Admissions Score is 6.6 (This is scored by giving 1 for every A* and 0.6 for every A. This higher this is, the more likely you are to be offered a place an Oxbridge.)
Your Predicted number of ALevel Points is around 350. (This is derived from using the 'average' progession from GCSE to ALevel.) Remember, that an average means very little indeed. With hard work you can improve this considerbly.
This is the equivalent of AAB over 3 subjects.

Finally, nationally, 1 in every 24 students, possesses your level of ability or above.

Congratulations for your superb grades and well done for your hard work over the last two years! Enjoy the remainder of the holidays and good luck for your AS Levels!
i did okayy...:frown:

1% of A* in maths.
I may be wrong, but i got the impression from the cambridge admissions site that only your top 8 grades count towards your point score if you apply to cambridge. Therefore, it would seem easier to look good on a cambridge application form than on one to another university (assuming they look at your total point score). With my results I would have over 100% on the point score for Cambridge (2.7 extra points for being at an average state school) :smile: , but only 97% if all my grades were aggregated. can anyone verify whether this is the system in use at Cambridge (and other universities) or whether i have hideously misinterpreted the information?

Latest