Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    So basically you're 27?
    no if he was born at age forty, and hes 59 NOW that means hes aged 19 years mate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    no if he was born at age forty, and hes 59 NOW that means hes aged 19 years mate!
    It was put in such a manner as to get to the point without any further simple riddles. Personally I would have been temted to take the difference os 59&40 off 40 itself to give 21. That would be 'old' on this forum after all. Human psyche remember curry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    It was put in such a manner as to get to the point without any further simple riddles. Personally I would have been temted to take the difference os 59&40 off 40 itself to give 21. That would be 'old' on this forum after all. Human psyche remember curry
    Could someone tell me how old I am? I'm confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Col-C)
    Could someone tell me how old I am? I'm confused.
    Born at 40, and aged 19 years from there. Hmm tough one. 87?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Born at 40, and aged 19 years from there. Hmm tough one. 87?

All these postings seem to go greatly off track. we go from talking about love to trying to calculate someones age!! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet_gal)
    All these postings seem to go greatly off track. we go from talking about love to trying to calculate someones age!! lol
    Not off topic at all! I posted in this thread, and I can't remember what age I am. It's a lot more logical than most threads here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Col-C)
    Not off topic at all! I posted in this thread, and I can't remember what age I am. It's a lot more logical than most threads here!
    One way of putting it. But back to the thread. Love: Hmm uhmm erm humdehum. Bit of a broad topic. Let's narrow it down to 'How do we know when we're in love?' shall we.

ReputationRep:
    ok

so how do u know?

ReputationRep:
    ok

so how do u know?
    Righto, I'm going to sound all sappy etc here, but here goes. Just for you sweet_gal.

Love, and when you know you're in the deep end:
    You know you're in love when you wake up thinking of someone. You think of how they are at that moment, what they might be doing, what their plan is for the day, whether or not they'll enjoy it or not. Perhaps you have a guess at their thoughts in this present space and time, though you'll never ever ask them to confirm whether you were right or wrong with you guesses. When in love you find yourself drifting toward this person when you're not busy. Driving past their house, place of work, known hangouts etc, in the slim hope of seeing them. Seeing that smile, the flash of white as the lips go taught to reveal that smile you've been dreaming of seeing all day. The one thing you look forward to whenever you see that special someone. You know you're in love when the silliest things happen and many hours later friends are tapping you on the shoulder to ask why the hell you've got this stupid grin on your face, or you're chuckling under your breath. Totally ignorant of your present surroundings. Roughly. Kinda. A basic guide to being in love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Righto, I'm going to sound all sappy etc here, but here goes. Just for you sweet_gal.

Love, and when you know you're in the deep end:
    You know you're in love when you wake up thinking of someone. You think of how they are at that moment, what they might be doing, what their plan is for the day, whether or not they'll enjoy it or not. Perhaps you have a guess at their thoughts in this present space and time, though you'll never ever ask them to confirm whether you were right or wrong with you guesses. When in love you find yourself drifting toward this person when you're not busy. Driving past their house, place of work, known hangouts etc, in the slim hope of seeing them. Seeing that smile, the flash of white as the lips go taught to reveal that smile you've been dreaming of seeing all day. The one thing you look forward to whenever you see that special someone. You know you're in love when the silliest things happen and many hours later friends are tapping you on the shoulder to ask why the hell you've got this stupid grin on your face, or you're chuckling under your breath. Totally ignorant of your present surroundings. Roughly. Kinda. A basic guide to being in love

it was much more than a basic idea...........it was the truth !!!
    Well written

ReputationRep:
    sire i thought what you wrote was really true. although it did sound a little like me, even when i just have a crush - haha! maybe I just go over the top!

ReputationRep:
    does not exist

although you could say the one true person does because many people will end up meeting one of the people out there with whom they will spend the rest of their lives happily. Im gonna become a Mormon, that way i dont need one true love, i can have as many as i want

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone!!
    thanks sooo much for all your lovely replies. i love it when ppl reply to my posts and you all have such interesting things to say - so keep it up!

well the reason i felt like this guy was "the one" was because we kept bumping into each other and when I first heard him talking I thought he had the nicest voice and personality I had EVER heard. First time we locked eyes was on Christmas Eve 2000 and he kept staring at me but I wasn't interested. Ever since then I seem to see him or kinda bump into him every couple of months or so. I've never tried to bump into him - it just happens - we haven't had much of a chance to really talk though.

I had that feeling that he felt like home - u know that feeling when someone seems really familiar or similar and u just feel that they are so much like you. And you feel good to be around them coz they are just you, you know?

But I hardly saw him last year - only a few times by chance but we barely got to speak. I know if we are meant to be then something will happen - and I know now is not the right time. So I am trying to move on and go out with other guys but no other guys have grabbed my interest - well none at all last year!!

Just came back from a camping trip - finally met someone I really liked. We talked heaps and really clicked, I really liked him coz he was such a lovely guy - and hot too! But I was shy so I never got his number and I think he only liked me as a friend :-(....I know where he works though but I'm not gonna stalk him, lol. So yeah....I feel my luck isn't too great with guys at the moment but I haven't given up. I'm still very young (17) and so I'll just take everything as it comes!

I believe there is someone out there for everyone. I do believe in soulmates and that there is only really ONE person who is absolutely PERFECT for you. But I don't believe everyone finds that. I do however believe that everyone has at least one true love in their life - who loves them back as well.
    has anyone noticed that it tends to be girls that believe in one true love, and feminised blokes. Maybe it is biological, its easiest to propagate for women if they have one person and for men if they have many?

ReputationRep:
    in general unless u are the most social person ever, i think most people our age have only meet a very small group of friends and therefore its very difficult to know whether it is true love, surely if its ur first decent relationship/better than all the rest you have had it could seem like this person is the one for you but untill you have meet more people you wont know if there is anyone better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    has anyone noticed that it tends to be girls that believe in one true love, and feminised blokes. Maybe it is biological, its easiest to propagate for women if they have one person and for men if they have many?
    yep - it's true - we did it in psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    yep - it's true - we did it in psychology
    what can I say, i am a genious

ReputationRep:
    but u cant spell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    but u cant spell!
    merely a typo. was it not JSM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    merely a typo. was it not JSM?
    spot on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    spot on
    i thought as much

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.