Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    These are the only heels I can actually walk in ( ) Thing is, I can't find any closed-toe ones for the winter that are reasonably high. Can anyone recommend any shops/sites for them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    These are the only heels I can actually walk in ( ) Thing is, I can't find any closed-toe ones for the winter that are reasonably high. Can anyone recommend any shops/sites for them?
    no offence but i hate wedges
    how tall are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    how tall are you?
    5'3"

ReputationRep:
    5'3"
    thats about my height....
    i dont know any shops places u can get them from but...
    ever considered buying low heel shoes instead?
    i dont mean flat but about 3/4cm heels and try walking in those, they are quite easy and ull get used to them.
    (notice im trying to take you away from wearing wedges )

ReputationRep:
    (notice im trying to take you away from wearing wedges )
    Lol! Y'see, when I wear wedges, I forget I'm wearing heels most of the time. That's why I like them. Not so much for the fashion statement at all because my jeans normally cover them up anyway .

ReputationRep:
    Lol! Y'see, when I wear wedges, I forget I'm wearing heels most of the time. That's why I like them. Not so much for the fashion statement at all because my jeans normally cover them up anyway .
    hehe fair enough. i used to wear them too and i must admit they are so comfortable.
    anyway im useless her and cant help you then

ReputationRep:
    Same here.

This website used to have some good ones, but I think they might be sold out now.

ReputationRep:
    Omg I love wedges so much . Hehe I can't walk in proper heels either! I've been living in wedges all summer! Don't know about winter ones though, sorry I'm not much help

ReputationRep:
    Get some boots with a wegde heel. They are perfect for this winter. Also Marks & Spencer do http://www.marksandspencer.com/Image...D/T026907D.jpg - for £25. They are exceptionally comfortable too.

ReputationRep:
    how tall are you?
    :eek: i love wedges! They are fantastic, especially when you can't walk in really tall thin healed shoes, talk about a danger hazzard-i'd end up falling down a crack in the pavement and break my ankle or something. Nah you can't do that with wedges! Practical and slimming :p:

Plus they are very very cute, especially with a pair of shorts.

ReputationRep:
    Woo, wedges fan club! I like wedges too, because I too cannot walk in thin heeled shoes. And when you go out somewhere, you always end up walking for ages to find a suitable pub/bar/club/restaurant/whatever for everyone. They had some nice ones in Faith and Dolcis a few weeks ago.
    On the Faith website they have some really nice knee high wedge boots, although they are £80! They also have a section of wedge sandals which are nice.
    http://www.faith.co.uk/catalogue/cat...=324&curPage=1

ReputationRep:
    New Look seem to have tonnes of wedges at the moment

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    hi, im not sure whether these will be the sort you're looking for, there are a couple of closed toe pairs, whilst your there, check other categories in ladies footwear e.g seasonal(select wedges) because they have a few different pairs, high heels(select wedges) and also in seasonal(strappy) there are a couple of nice pairs) just have a browse round, see if anything you like.

www.schuhstore.co.uk/female_main_frameset.html

ReputationRep:
    ebay all theway

ReputationRep:
    Ooh fashion alert for any antipoedians on here: wedges (the shoes!! ) are gonna be a huge trend this coming summer :cool: I've just got two pairs of wedge-like shoes (altho they're not technically wedges) from last year, white and brown, but wanted to ask you Brits - were they hugely popular up there over your summer? :confused: Or is this just gonna be an Aussie thing? I personally don't like the look of them that much (stillettos are so much prettier IMO :p: ) but hey, if you can walk them, all the better

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    Adhsur when I was over in the UK in 2002 I particularly liked Topshop, River Island (just for browsing in mind you :eek: Aussie dollar doesn't get you very far ), and I remember actually buying a pair of shoes in Leeds :eek: (where my grandma's from, was just visiting rellos :p: ) but I forget which shop it was :confused: Anyway it's prolly more fashionable than what you get over here :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh I thought we were going to have a discussion about wedgies..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Ace is Back)
    Oh I thought we were going to have a discussion about wedgies..
    Lol :p: no, sorry dude (though it does sound like it :eek: ), this is a thread about the shoes - wedges

ReputationRep:
    Ahh it's ok, I'll survive

ReputationRep:
    :bawling: I love wedges! But I can't wear them because I'm too tall already. The only heels I can get away with wearing are tiny kitten heel ones.

My sister actually got a really nice pair from Clarks... if you're not too embarrrassed about going in (you'll be the youngest in there by about 10 years).

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 28, 2005
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.