Rejected by Cam for Law? What are your other choices?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What are you looking for in the university? Is it purely educatinal quality or are you looking at things like nightlife???
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
I would disagree to an extent. Although Manchester does have a good reputation for Law, i too would not opt to go there. But i would not go to Warwick, i know some currently attending there and it's not amazing. I would go for Durham, it is more prettier and has more prestige. And as for Nottingham, it is very good for Law. They also have a Law School there for people who choose to do their CPE there.
Why not Manchester?
KrazyAngel1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i got rejected from cambridge for law to but i got into Nottingham, Warwick, Birmingham, East Anglia and Oxford Brookes as well so I'm happy. My two favs are Warwick (AAAD) and Nottingham (AAB) and I think i'll go for nottingham coz of the lower grades and when I visited Warwick which was nice but its in the middle of nowhere. Who knows if we both end up in the same place we might be friends.
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by KrazyAngel1)
i got rejected from cambridge for law to but i got into Nottingham, Warwick, Birmingham, East Anglia and Oxford Brookes as well so I'm happy. My two favs are Warwick (AAAD) and Nottingham (AAB) and I think i'll go for nottingham coz of the lower grades and when I visited Warwick which was nice but its in the middle of nowhere. Who knows if we both end up in the same place we might be friends.
the strange thing of this board is there are so many law applicants that were bound to end up with someone weve spoke to on this forum and we probably wont even know it when we get to uni!
KrazyAngel1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
the strange thing of this board is there are so many law applicants that were bound to end up with someone weve spoke to on this forum and we probably wont even know it when we get to uni!
yeah thats so wierd. maybe when everyone gets their final decisions and results the ppl who are going to the same uni could arrange to meet. hmmm well i don't know whether that would work but it would be interesting
J.S.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
I would disagree to an extent. Although Manchester does have a good reputation for Law, i too would not opt to go there. But i would not go to Warwick, i know some currently attending there and it's not amazing. I would go for Durham, it is more prettier and has more prestige. And as for Nottingham, it is very good for Law. They also have a Law School there for people who choose to do their CPE there.

Durham doesn't really have a great deal of Prestige anymore, it's research profile as a university if poor, and nor is it particularly difficult getting into. Most of its 'prestige' is based on hearsay, particularly from white/brit/males aged 40 and above
stressed_:x
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by KrazyAngel1)
yeah thats so wierd. maybe when everyone gets their final decisions and results the ppl who are going to the same uni could arrange to meet. hmmm well i don't know whether that would work but it would be interesting
ever since i discovered this site i keep thinkin that - so many of us r goin to end up in the same place and never know we were on the same forum...! meetin up prob wont work but uni/subject specific forums cud help us to get to know eacother b4 we actually get to uni
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So has anyone heard from durham yet?
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by starry)
So has anyone heard from durham yet?
Still waiting like you
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
Still waiting like you
PM me if you get in
Sunnyt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by starry)
PM me if you get in

i am defo going to warwick, i have my unconditional offer! i didnt apply to cambridge but i did get into oxford!, but warwick is lurveeeeeeeeeeelyyyyyyyyyyyy
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Sunnyt)
i am defo going to warwick, i have my unconditional offer! i didnt apply to cambridge but i did get into oxford!, but warwick is lurveeeeeeeeeeelyyyyyyyyyyyy
Congratulations! I considered going to warwick, but I don't think it suits my personality. I prefer the slightly isolated feel of Durham.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.41%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.95%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (168)
38.18%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.45%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.23%

Watched Threads