Turn on thread page Beta

Calling all 18 to 24-year-olds!!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Done.

ReputationRep:
    doneded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    Done I love doing questionnaires like that!
    Yeah so do I. It's weird... I like clicky ones the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Yeah so do I. It's weird... I like clicky ones the best.
    Haha, it's so true! I did what Kikzen recommended and joined ciao.co.uk... great idea if you're into that kind of stuff!

ReputationRep:
    LOL I started and then realized it was for English people. :rolleyes: So much for my good deed of the day.

ReputationRep:
    All done. Those questionaires are so good for filling the time nicely

ReputationRep:
    Hi great questionnaire, but I feel the topic is quite insulting to young people. I think more young people are getting involved more, compared to teens in the 90's. Simply because we are aware of war and the politics surronding illegal immigrants and asylum seekers etc. This country is so multicultural now than ever that its quite difficult not to be influenced or even care about political issues. We always hear about suicide bombings happening elsewhere in Iraq or the middle east, the fact that its happened here bursts are bubble of doubt that it couldn't happen in this country.

So with all this I think its hard not to take an interest in politics to an extent. Also programs like 2dtv highlight prevent us from forgetting how ridiculous Bush is.

ReputationRep:
    Done it!!

ReputationRep:
    done and done

i'm a ciao member, need to do more reviews! i get about 5-10 quid every couple of months. not that much but better than nowt!

ReputationRep:
    Done

ReputationRep:
    "would you be more likely to vote if.... it was compulsory to vote?"

i don't mean to be rude, but doesn't that question answer itself somewhat?

anyway, done. hope it helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttons7)
    "would you be more likely to vote if.... it was compulsory to vote?"

i don't mean to be rude, but doesn't that question answer itself somewhat?

anyway, done. hope it helps.
    Some people would refuse to vote still. As a point of principal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tvfanatic)
    Hi great questionnaire, but I feel the topic is quite insulting to young people. I think more young people are getting involved more, compared to teens in the 90's. Simply because we are aware of war and the politics surronding illegal immigrants and asylum seekers etc. This country is so multicultural now than ever that its quite difficult not to be influenced or even care about political issues. We always hear about suicide bombings happening elsewhere in Iraq or the middle east, the fact that its happened here bursts are bubble of doubt that it couldn't happen in this country.

So with all this I think its hard not to take an interest in politics to an extent. Also programs like 2dtv highlight prevent us from forgetting how ridiculous Bush is.
    First of all thanks to everyone who voted. I really appreciate it.

At the end of this research,I hope to prove that we're not selfish as the media and some ignorant politicians portray us and that taking part in politics isn't just about voting anymore.

For example the Live 8 concert might've seemed like the 'world's greatest concert' to some people but it was a political demonstration(?) and even the people who don't vote and all that got involved in it. So yes most people are involved in politics whether they are aware of it or not.

So there's no reason for young people to take offense.I don't agree with my hypothesis.I'm just trying to prove that we're not ignorant and selfish

And about that compulsory voting thing,as kingslaw said, some people may still choose not to vote or the fact that it's compulsory would make them less likely to vote.

And keep those votes coming in.

ReputationRep:
    Done Good luck with your coursework.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.