The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
tomotomotomo
Hey, is anybody taking a mech eng based course? I'm taking automotive eng but there was only one other guy on the open day :eek:
Can't wait til fresher's week! when's everyone getting to Leeds for?

Hey,
Will be doing Aviation technology I think it has a lot to do with engineering. It will take place at Houldshwoth building and the school is called SPEME.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Apparentely automotive engineering is very similar to Mechanical engineering, and your 1st and 2nd years are practically the same.

Aviation tech is indeed held in SPEME, that's my department :smile: yay!
Coral_Fang
Apparentely automotive engineering is very similar to Mechanical engineering, and your 1st and 2nd years are practically the same.

Aviation tech is indeed held in SPEME, that's my department :smile: yay!

Hurray, finally found someone studying at the same place as I will be. Are you starting in Sept or already going for the second year?
Reply 4
I'm going into 2nd year, I'm doing Materials Science & Engineering. Tis quite good! Last year I had loads of lectures with the aviation tech people.
Coral_Fang
I'm going into 2nd year, I'm doing Materials Science & Engineering. Tis quite good! Last year I had loads of lectures with the aviation tech people.

Ok, thats great. Maybe we will meet one day!
By the way is this field of engineering very hard to study and understand? Cos im a bit worried of how well will i do, havent had any experience in engineering yet.
Reply 6
tomotomotomo
Hey, is anybody taking a mech eng based course? I'm taking automotive eng but there was only one other guy on the open day :eek:
Can't wait til fresher's week! when's everyone getting to Leeds for?

Hi!
I'm starting MSc Automotive Engineering in Sept!! I've been allocated Leodis and am moving in on the 17th... Finally, someone's started a thread for us minorities.... :smile:
bmwm6
Hi!
I'm starting MSc Automotive Engineering in Sept!! I've been allocated Leodis and am moving in on the 17th... Finally, someone's started a thread for us minorities.... :smile:

Minorities :biggrin:
Reply 8
787Dreamliner
Ok, thats great. Maybe we will meet one day!
By the way is this field of engineering very hard to study and understand? Cos im a bit worried of how well will i do, havent had any experience in engineering yet.

Well they pretty much take you through it from A-level standard, it's not difficult as long as you've got a clue! They expect you to have physics, chemistry and maths A-level, but for those who don't, they also run electives to help you catch up! Honestly, the course really isn't that difficult, first year wasn't anyway! Hope to see you around some day!
Coral_Fang
Well they pretty much take you through it from A-level standard, it's not difficult as long as you've got a clue! They expect you to have physics, chemistry and maths A-level, but for those who don't, they also run electives to help you catch up! Honestly, the course really isn't that difficult, first year wasn't anyway! Hope to see you around some day!

OK...Thanx...it calmed me down. So worried for how will I cope. Anyway I am also very looking forward to meeting you! 19 days left to arrival! Gettin nervous :redface:
Reply 10
787Dreamliner
OK...Thanx...it calmed me down. So worried for how will I cope. Anyway I am also very looking forward to meeting you! 19 days left to arrival! Gettin nervous :redface:

I know, I was the same last year, it's all so exciting! I'm looking forward to going into second year though, now I've got a house in Headingley all sorted with my friends :smile:
Reply 11
*phew* had visions of me being the only one on the course...
man, someone get in touch if u wanna place in eldon court, desperately someone to move in to pay some rent!

grr...

Latest