Turn on thread page Beta

Pooled but not rejected from original college watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

What exactly does this mean? As far as I knew, if you were pooled your original college rejected you, but my college have written saying they are yet to make a firm decision on my place there, but will let me know by mid-January. The letter says they are holding my file, among others. They've also passed me to the pool. Is this rare? How does it reflect my chances?

I have no idea what it's all about and would really appreciate hearing from anyone who is in the same position or knows any more.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linktomusic)
    Hi,

What exactly does this mean? As far as I knew, if you were pooled your original college rejected you, but my college have written saying they are yet to make a firm decision on my place there, but will let me know by mid-January. The letter says they are holding my file, among others. They've also passed me to the pool. Is this rare? How does it reflect my chances?

I have no idea what it's all about and would really appreciate hearing from anyone who is in the same position or knows any more.

Thanks!
    I have the same thing. I keep reading that bit again because it's such a conundrum! It would be amazing to be able to get an offer from the original college again. But my own personal theory is if by the time everyone has sent their acceptence and declines back, there are some people who have declined their offer, then that means they can fill up that space with someone from a pool. And that might be after the person pooled wasn't accepted by any other college (so there are only a few left).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linktomusic)
    Hi,

Thanks!
    i think (not positive) its when the college likes you as an applicant, but is also searching for sum1 in the pool that may be better then you, i got it as well!

ReputationRep:
    I've heard of a few others who are also in the same position - and we all have in common an independent/selective secondary school background. Anyone else in this category?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.