Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, I'm here here so my apologies if someone has already made a topic about this, it's all so new! :confused:

Just wondering if anyone is doing AS Biology [Edexcel] retakes on the 8th January? I'm only doing the one which is Exchange, Transport and Reproduction in the morning and that's it. I never really got on with AS Biology last year but stuck with it (too late to change, dropping it would put me down to 2 AS's and General Studies) and got a U (thanks to an awful mark on this paper last year) so I'm just retaking it now in the hope that I get the 7 extra marks needed to take my total to an E! My other AS results were quite good (for me anyway) with B's in AVCE ICT and General Studies with a C in History (4 marks off a bloody B!).
    I dropped Biology at the start of the A2 year and took up an AS in Business Studies and don't regret it at all. Although the E in Biology won't be essential to the Uni courses I want to do it'll just be nice to finally have a grade that counts for something after a year I spent on the subject! *feels stupid*

But yeah, enough with the rambling, I was wondering who else is in the same boat as me (in my case the Titanic) and if there are any good AS Biology revision websites?

Oh, the other good thing about this is that Year 13 study leave is between the 12th - 23rd January and that's the only exam I have (on the 8th) so I get that time off! Well, apart from going to AS Business Studies but still!

ReputationRep:
    No-one else?

Oh crap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonJam)
    No-one else?

Oh crap!
    im not doin it but my friend is re-takin all 3 modules n her practical. the only website i think is really useful for biology is www.s-cool.co.uk coz they give u really good diagrams n pics.

ReputationRep:
    hey what board are you taking?
    im retaking my AS AQA G&G on the 8th

ReputationRep:
    My board is Edexcel, board of doom and mistakes, thanks god it's only an hour long. The link from here didn't work so I went to S-Cool.co.uk instead but thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think u mentioned which examining board, but if it's ocr, i used www.s-cool.co.uk. to get a c on that module (transport).

ReputationRep:
    Not all of these will be relavant for your board, but some should help.
    http://www.mrothery.co.uk/
    http://www.revisiontime.com/alevel_biology.html
    http://www.emc.maricopa.edu/faculty/...ioBookTOC.html

Hope these sites are useful.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I'll kick this topic incase there's anyone else out there resitting.

ReputationRep:
    hey dude im also doing as biiology unit one with edexcel do you where i can get the mark schemes for unit 1 2003 i really need them id be greatful if you could help me . thanx

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I don't have it.

Exam is close! Worrying!

ReputationRep:
    i have it aswell! but OCR foundation and transport

http://www.s-cool.co.uk is BRILLANT! been using it all night as i have chunks of notes missing!

ReputationRep:
    hix hix, but may be next year I have to take the retake exammmmm....

ReputationRep:
    people are in similar ships, im in a canoe, but can just about paddle,
    there are no good sites i have come accross, it just comes down to getn a stupid txt book and re-writing it in a condensed version,

do u ever have the feeling of pple looking down on you just because u got an E, i am doin retakes this year,
    and get kinda ticked off when i get a crap mark, and the nxt guy says,

DAMN!! I ONLY GOT A B!!!

if you are at that grade as i am tryna get out of, u may want to do tactical studying, make sure you know the most common questions, the 8 mark ones, i.e for mod 2 biology, the questions on menstrail cycle etc,

goodluck :-)

ReputationRep:
    I knew someone who cried when they got a B for GCSE History, they were devestated that they didn't get an A* grade. :mad:

Oh I failed the Biology retake again in case you were wondering!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.