The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
loonyplatypus
Aww thanks everyone :smile:

And I've never done an all-nighter :eek3: I am such a bad IB student.

You won't be getting your diploma any time soon.
loonyplatypus
Aww thanks everyone :smile:

And I've never done an all-nighter :eek3: I am such a bad IB student.

I've never done an all nighter either. I go to sleep and then have to get up earlier the next morning instead to finish the work.
And the best memory will be leaving the IB and not having to go back to college. Until I do the retakes :p:
Reply 42
- My English oral was just epic, I actually had fun ripping my extract to shreds and finding out I got a good grade on it

- Opening up the easy exam papers and thinking "damn, I am definitely doing well on this exam today. Hasta la vista, [insert subject here]"

- My EE. Everything about it was awesome - I loved having so much freedom and I was so enthusiastic about it. As soon as I finished collecting my results (read: recording how fast it took for water to infiltrate soil in different parts of a park...) I typed up 3500 words that same night like 6 months before it was due. I got a B on it so I'm pretty pleased, especially as it was primary field research (and any EE involving primary research is notoriously difficult to do well on). I kinda miss being that enthusiastic - every time I have to do a lab report my motivation hits a low point...

- And just getting my results. I was annoyed with only one of my results but I got a result that was slightly better than I thought. And knowing that I finally finished it. The IB is a bitch but trust me guys, once you have your marks and your diploma is in your hand, it is so ******* worth it... you feel totally ready to take on whatever challenge life throws at you.

EDIT: PS I never did an all nighter and never stressed about deadlines :wink:
Thingeh
Only one allnighter in the whole IB? Wow, I'm talking to an organised genius.

P.S. Cute profile picture xd.

no my one allnighter was about two-three weeks ago.

I never pulled one during IB.

lol fanks
Thingeh
You won't be getting your diploma any time soon.

Well I've been up till 3am on several nights, does that count for nothing?!?
Reply 45
hmm best memories.

1st - Finishing will be the best one
2nd - Group 4 project
3rd - IB summer camp in vienna.
Turning up to every friday chemistry lesson half an hour late because we'd been in nandos/travel agents/shops etc.

And next wednesday.

Stupid bloody course.
khaa9666
whats IB?

Irritable Bowel?

You're the legend.
Handing in my Extended Essay, exhausted, reeking of coffee and having written and rewritten my essay the past four days, followed by my supervisor saying it was incredibly good.

PICKING OUT FLEUR ADCOCK FOR MY IOC....PERFECT.

Reading and discussing and analysing the climactic scene of Death and the Maiden for my WL2.
Reply 49
loonyplatypus
Okay before I get to the main post let me say one thing: I do actually hate IB. It might not seem like it from this post but I am just as bitter and resentful as all of you lot :biggrin:

But I've had so many great memories! Our IB group is only ten people so we've all bonded really closely and I cannot remember a single school day where we haven't had a laugh in at least one lesson :smile:

You do not understand how jealous I am of the fact that you only had ten people... That is just so amazing, I would have killed for such a small class. High scores would be accessible with such a small class! Our year started with like 150 and ended with 110. Massive classes too with like ~30 kids per class. I envy you:smile:
Stella476
You do not understand how jealous I am of the fact that you only had ten people... That is just so amazing, I would have killed for such a small class. High scores would be accessible with such a small class! Our year started with like 150 and ended with 110. Massive classes too with like ~30 kids per class. I envy you:smile:

Aww I know, I think our classes are what made the IB bearable - they're all lovely people and there's one person in particular who is so naturally funny that he never fails to cheer me up. Couldn't have done it without them :smile:

Also I have to say, HL Geography lessons on my own were a little awkward sometimes :s-smilie: :p:
Reply 51
loonyplatypus
Aww I know, I think our classes are what made the IB bearable - they're all lovely people and there's one person in particular who is so naturally funny that he never fails to cheer me up. Couldn't have done it without them :smile:

Also I have to say, HL Geography lessons on my own were a little awkward sometimes :s-smilie: :p:

HL psychology by myself was interesting. Seemed to spend more time explaining things to the teacher and planning his other lessons than going through my own stuff.

HL music by myself (class of 3 technically, but 2 of them bogged off/didn't turn up every other lesson) was occassionally awkward.
Thingeh
HL psychology by myself was interesting. Seemed to spend more time explaining things to the teacher and planning his other lessons than going through my own stuff.

HL music by myself (class of 3 technically, but 2 of them bogged off/didn't turn up every other lesson) was occassionally awkward.

Ahh well the majority of my individual lessons were with my favourite teacher -she's actually like a second mum to the IB Geographers, we love her :smile: But I did have one a fortnight last year with one of my least favourite teachers - he's really enthusiastic and everything but my god he can talk! And talk and talk and talk :s-smilie:
I have a number of memories. But if I had to narrow it down, it would have to be these.

1. Realizing my love for reading
2. Going into the IB trying to be someone I was not, and leaving the IB after a term and a half after realizing who I am

I will never forget my IB experience :smile:
Reply 54
loonyplatypus

Ohhhh I envy you to the end of this world... That is so amazing. I cannot tell you how that would change everything! Was it a private school?
Stella476
Ohhhh I envy you to the end of this world... That is so amazing. I cannot tell you how that would change everything! Was it a private school?

Lol no it's a bog-standard mixed comprehensive! We only have such small classes because it's the first (and only :frown:) year in the school to do IB, and they were running A Levels at the same time so only 10 of us actually did IB. Wouldn't have it any other way though :smile: It's been great for German in particular, we were just talking all the time so we picked it up really quickly - except we have a rather... unusual vocabulary. That's what comes of being in a class with two 17-year-old boys, I guess :rolleyes:
Reply 56
loonyplatypus
Lol no it's a bog-standard mixed comprehensive! We only have such small classes because it's the first (and only :frown:) year in the school to do IB, and they were running A Levels at the same time so only 10 of us actually did IB. Wouldn't have it any other way though :smile: It's been great for German in particular, we were just talking all the time so we picked it up really quickly - except we have a rather... unusual vocabulary. That's what comes of being in a class with two 17-year-old boys, I guess :rolleyes:

Ahh I wish my school offered German! But that is soooo cool still. 25% of my school is IB, and the state has been going through education cutbacks so classes were stupidly massive... Really bothers me.

Yes, is my Spanish class we learned all the... fun... vocabulary! Although my teacher is the one who brought it up at times.
Which other exams did you take?
Reply 57
Our IB coordinator... He's so strange he became an iconic figure to every one in our class, I can't really describe in what way though... It's just everything about him put together...

Other than that:
-Our class trip to London (our school is in Turku, Finland)
-The awesome Finnish educational system (I only studied in Finland for 3 years (pre IB and IB). The educational system here is awesome, really relaxed, all the teachers are basically your friends, we have the least class hours in the world...
-Our awesome class.
Stella476
Ahh I wish my school offered German! But that is soooo cool still. 25% of my school is IB, and the state has been going through education cutbacks so classes were stupidly massive... Really bothers me.

Yes, is my Spanish class we learned all the... fun... vocabulary! Although my teacher is the one who brought it up at times.
Which other exams did you take?

Ahh I love my German :suith: I've been doing it since Year 7, it's sooooo much better than French!

Aww that's sucky :frown: My year was the first and only year to do IB though - the headmaster was new in 2008 and decided to start it without being aware of quite how much it was going to cost. So about this time last year they told us that they couldn't afford to run it after us. Which is crap but the ten of us are now known by everyone in the school :biggrin:

My subjects are in my sig :smile:
Reply 59
loonyplatypus
Ahh I love my German :suith: I've been doing it since Year 7, it's sooooo much better than French!

Aww that's sucky :frown: My year was the first and only year to do IB though - the headmaster was new in 2008 and decided to start it without being aware of quite how much it was going to cost. So about this time last year they told us that they couldn't afford to run it after us. Which is crap but the ten of us are now known by everyone in the school :biggrin:

My subjects are in my sig :smile:

Oooh that is nice. I wish I could go back and go to your school! So small!

That would be soooo nice! Knowing everybody in IB would make it easy to make study groups and whatnot, even if you are all taking different classes. Do you think the small class size made it easier? I can only assume so.
How much does IB cost to do over there? We pay all our fees and for books and stuff (about 1,500$ I would guess), so the school just has to pay for the teachers who would be there anyway.

Ha we took all the same courses except I had Spanish and Psych instead of German and Geography. My levels are different, though. Are you finished with exams?

I am taking German if I get the chance this summer, but I might settle for Swedish or Norwegian. I would totally go into languages for my undergrad if they paid better and I didn't have to deal with people!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending