Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone give me some feedback regarding the workload for studying Modern History at Oxford, as I have received an offer for 2004 and am curious about what I have let myself in for.
    Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiredthoughts)
    Could anyone give me some feedback regarding the workload for studying Modern History at Oxford, as I have received an offer for 2004 and am curious about what I have let myself in for.
    Cheers.
    What college, and what do you have to get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiredthoughts)
    Cheers.
    dunno but historians have a reputation for being lazy, not sure if it's justified or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nero076)
    dunno but historians have a reputation for being lazy, not sure if it's justified or not
    LIES

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    LIES
    Indeed, but just what area of history do they teach at oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Indeed, but just what area of history do they teach at oxford?
    Modern history at oxford begins essentially after the fall of the Roman Empire right up to the twentieth century.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    It's a great course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nero076)
    Well... The history student I went to see in Cambridge had one lecture and three timed essays (each one hour long) to do on one day (and night) so that was quite scary... Having said that, he's extremely smart and bound to get a first this summer...

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for saying the C-word (Cambridge) on an Oxford thread, I apologise for the sacrilege but I just couldn't resist the temptation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Modern history at oxford begins essentially after the fall of the Roman Empire right up to the twentieth century.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    That's not exactly Modern History, is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B00kwOrm)
    That's not exactly Modern History, is it?

"Modern" History as opposed to "Ancient".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earthmother)
    "Modern" History as opposed to "Ancient".
    I see. Thank you. I apologise for my ignorance

ReputationRep:
    From October 2004 the course title "Modern History" will cease to exist. It will be replaced with the title of "History".

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.