Turn on thread page Beta

Why do women wear make-up on? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    haha, it did sound like that didnt it - not intentional! but the amount of us girls who just wear natural looking make up - it does make a huge difference, but without being overtly noticeable. If every woman took off their make up then i think it would be quite scary
    haha true but... if guys didnt shave(ever) and do their hair etc ..... they wudnt look that hott either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    haha true but... if guys didnt shave(ever) and do their hair etc ..... they wudnt look that hott either

exactly

thank god for vanity.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah..ok why is a guy criticizing females? He probably wouldn't want to see a girl without makeup on..and how would he know she's not wearing ANY at all? (You can wear concealer, mascara, and lipgloss and still look like you're not wearing anything at all. What a dense sod.)

Mascara, liner, and concealer do not make you look like a prostitute.

Frankly, I think all girls should wear a little makeup...after a certain age. I didn't start wearing makeup till 16; before then I wore nothing at all, not even chapstick.

ReputationRep:
    I like makeup. Its fun experimenting with changing your look by adding a bit of colour to your eyes or lips. I also use sun-protection foundation coz I'm allergic to suntan cream on my face, so foundation is actually keeping me healthy - i burn very easily.

I also often think that girls who look like slappers do so for a reason other than makeup - its an attitude as well.

ReputationRep:
    i wear only kohl never foundation or concealer or anything else, it gives you spots, i therefore have a clear complexion

ReputationRep:
    i like make up. i like barry m make up lots. the eye shadows are so beautiful and never ever run out! i only really wear eyeshadow/eyeliner and lipgloss. i love wearing big eyeshadow, to me its another accessorie. i could do without it, but why should i have to? make up doesn't make girls slappers, slappers are slappers with or without make up.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you know what. Sometimes I wished that guys wore concealer. I didn't order a pepperoni pizza, okay........

(Also to a previous poster, I think foundation is worse for your skin than concealer is..because you have to put it ALL over..when concealer is only used where you need it.)

ReputationRep:
    Make up covers the skins impurities and makes people feel better about themselves ... i wear makeup ... woo to the makeup girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    same reason boys wear makeup I guess.
    a boy i know wears concealer but never rubs it in- i'd love to tell him, cos he looks a bug*ger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)
    Yeah you know what. Sometimes I wished that guys wore concealer. I didn't order a pepperoni pizza, okay........
    ouch :p:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I think makeup makes people look worse rather than better!

ReputationRep:
    light make-up, to accentuate natural features is an absolute neccessity :p:

but no face painting please :girl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)

(Also to a previous poster, I think foundation is worse for your skin than concealer is..because you have to put it ALL over..when concealer is only used where you need it.)
    There are ranges of 'cosmetics' for men, including 'The Body Shop', mainly aimed at concealment. My brother's spots were cured by a year in Australia (not a practical solution for most people).

ReputationRep:
    Like someone else said, I really don't think guys notice when girls wear light makeup, provided that it's done well. Seriously, I don't think guys would tell that a girl has some powder on, just whether or not a girl is pretty. Personally I think makeup makes a reeeally big difference, e.g. disguising eye bags :| I only put 'lots' of makeup when I'm going out at night.. in the day time concealer and eye liner, a really light foundation if I have time. I used to be really grossed out by foundation, but actually it's alright, I have this very thin one that I mix with moisturiser.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I could live without my makeup - call me a "slapper" if you will but most people think I don't wear makeup as I got for the natural look. I use a cream around my eyes to get rid of the dark circles, a yellow base on my eyelids reduce redness (my eyes get really bad ) a light foundation, a bit of eteshadow, mascara, and a highlighter.

ReputationRep:
    What if humans had a breeding season? It's strange, because Humans seem to be the only species on this planet where it's the women that make the effort! All other species (Peacocks, Birds of paradise etc.) have the males as being bright and colourful. I wonder why that is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewsJoseph)
    I think makeup makes people look worse rather than better!
    how can u tell if someones wearing makeup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kish_Kash_1)
    It does not make them look presentable; it makes them look like slappers. Is it supposed to hide their ugly-ness.

Discuss
    Because a lot of the time they look *bloody* hideous without it

ReputationRep:
    I am totally not understanding why people are so against make-up wearers! I wear makeup, I like it, it makes me feel more confident and I think it looks good!
    What happened to live and let live - who cares if some people look bad in makeup, if they feel good then leave them alone!
    I don't know about you lot, but I wear it for me, not to impress anyone else, so at the end of the day, I don't really care if people think i look bad, its not really their problem.

ReputationRep:
    I think we should protest against silly threads like these by not honouring them with a response.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.