The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
posh_git
and i don't know why.

my results weren't THAT bad.

i got into a good uni.

but why am i sad? im down and depressed and i don't really know the source of it?

i should be happy that i got into my firm and should be estatic and looking forward to university. however, i am finding that im down and depressed.

is anyone else feeling this or is this just me?

I feel the same!!! (except im 16 so not goin uni yet)
Like 10 mins ago i was trying to work out why im sad. For me I THINK its money issues and that im startin a new 6th form where i wont really know anyone. But the thing which really triggers it off is the weather! OK I knwo that sounds weird but seeing clouds and rain and fog and stuff makes me depressed. Spose im kinda weird that way.
Reply 21
I know this feeling too. Uni can seem like *such* a long way away while you are doing your A levels and then when you get the grades, it all becomes a bit more real and you can begin to worry. Believe it or not, this is actually a good sign! It shows you care enough to want to make it work. Its hard leaving friends, family and familiarity behind but they willl still be there for you. Besides - isnt this why you applied?:smile: High achievers who like a challenge and want to progress and develop? Uni certainly provides endless ways to do this on a personal and an academic level. I bet that most of you will be posting in December and saying that you are sad to come home after an amazing first term in which yuo have discovered a new place, met loads of fab new people..and..oh..done a bit of work too:wink::smile:
That is such a lovely post :biggrin:

Still, I can empathise with all of you.
I'm happy because I'm going to my firm choice, but sad because I've got 12 days of nothign to do still!
Reply 24
i no im so boooored
Reply 25
God, i was just sitting here thinking the same thing. nice to know im not alone. completely bored out of my brains. yawn.
Reply 26
ive got 27 days to go.....
Reply 27
Same I am feeling depressed and very down when ever I think about whats going to happen in September. Sometimes I feel okay about it and kinda happy but mostly depressed...
Im afraid of a lot of things like will i enjoy the course coz its a couple of years long, have i made the right decision?, im going to have to get to a new surrounding, meet new people, my old friends are doing different courses, then theres all these fees and loans which has never occured before, university is the last thing before we are out and working ADULTS,
but hearing a lot of people saying that once you get started in uni everything will get better, its meant to be the best time of our lives i hear people say...

And something else that is to do with university has just made me even more depressed the student loans company still hasnt responded to my application which was sent off in May, all i got was my ARTs id etc
but currently no information on tuition fees being payed, no loans information, status is still to be confirmed and my university has already asked me for payment information.
Going to have to call SLC tomorrow at 6am...see another thing that is on my mind now which is to do with uni, its negative, dunno how long its going to take me to fall asleep tonight with this on my mind, cant wait until 6am and see what SLC has to say for themselves...
Reply 28
I'm entering my third year now and when i was about to start uni i went through something similar, the daunting thought of meeting so many new people and leaving all your friends and family behind, but i promise, ney i guarantee that when you start university and meet all the amazing people there all your worries will be instantly forgotten. Whatever you like to do, there is a club or society at university that caters for your needs so meeting people is the easiest thing ever. I moved into halls and live with two of my old flat mates so its also a 99% chance that the people you meet in halls will be friends for life..
So next time you feel depressed think about at the future and the fact that you are about to embark on easily the best 3/4 years of your life, thats a guarantee!!!!!!!

P.S. as the for the money situation loans are good and dont be daunted by the fact that we have to pay them back coz my brother is now an accountant after receiving a 9,000 loan during uni and he says that the tiniest amount goes out of his wages every month so its almost as if you're not paying it back, and it only goes out after you start earning a certain amount.
Everyone keeps talking about how they're going to miss family and friends, but I want to get away from them. :wink:
Reply 30
:ditto:

Latest