Turn on thread page Beta

Which is the best out of the LOTR trilogy? watch

ReputationRep:
    subforums suck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    subforums suck.
    There's too many.

Before long everything will be categorised and there won't be a "Main" forum any more!

ReputationRep:
    what are subforums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshua)
    what are subforums
    The different sections the forum topics are split into- see the list at the top of the page on the main forum.

About UK-Learning
    Academic Discussions, Exams, Coursework and Homework
    University
    UCAS Personal Statements
    Oxbridge
    Books, TV, Music and Films

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    The different sections the forum topics are split into- see the list at the top of the page on the main forum.

About UK-Learning
    Academic Discussions, Exams, Coursework and Homework
    University
    UCAS Personal Statements
    Oxbridge
    Books, TV, Music and Films
    ok thankyou everyone for your help, i know i ask alot of questions but im new so ive got to really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshua)
    ok thankyou everyone for your help, i know i ask alot of questions but im new so ive got to really!
    The subforums are fairly new in themselves. Some have only been introduced within these last couple of days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    The subforums are fairly new in themselves. Some have only been introduced within these last couple of days.
    what's the point of them? it's not like people use alot of them....

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, i love LOTR and HP. I think the third is the best, then the second, then the first, in terms of the movies. Altho the books, i am only part way through number 1.

Who is ur fav. charactor?

ReputationRep:
    It's not a trilogy, its a sexology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    It's not a trilogy, its a sexology.
    That's true. There's six Volumes in total, right? Two for each "book"?

And there's the Appendices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    That's true. There's six Volumes in total, right? Two for each "book"?

And there's the Appendices.
    Well, Tolkein wrote it in six books to be published as one story, but it was divided into three volumes each containing two books.

ReputationRep:
    Well, Tolkein wrote it in six books to be published as one story, but it was divided into three volumes each containing two books.
    Tolkein also penned a lot of this work during his time spent at Stonyhurst with many parts of the triology inspired from the area surrounding Stonyhurst. LOL. Sorry I couldnt resist that one. I digress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Tolkein also penned a lot of this work during his time spent at Stonyhurst with many parts of the triology inspired from the area surrounding Stonyhurst. LOL. Sorry I couldnt resist that one. I digress.
    I knew you were going to say that. Well I live near Stonyhurst, only a stone's throw away (not that I'd ever stone such a beautiful building).

I believe Arthur Conan Doyle attended your humble institution also?

ReputationRep:
    I knew you were going to say that. Well I live near Stonyhurst, only a stone's throw away (not that I'd ever stone such a beautiful building).

I believe Arthur Conan Doyle attended your humble institution also?
    Lol. Yes.

ReputationRep:
    oo yes now i see what u r saying. Yeah, i am at book 2 in the fellowship.

In the fellowship, what is the huge evil they talk about long ago the sauron was only a servant of... it was like ag.... something

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.