Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham General Chat: The rest got ate

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Awoodrow2
Don't say that; I've almost certain to get a 2:2. :frown:

I know the feeling, it's depressing looking at various grad schemes/postgrads and seeing that a minimum 2:1 is required...

Guess we'll just have to work very hard next year and prod each other to get to work if we catch the other procrastinating :P. And at least we're on a relatively small floor away from most of college so (in theory) fewer distractions and we'll be in labs most of the day on weekdays.

Did y'all see University Challenge tonight :biggrin:? I know someone on the team!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
3) Address all academic staff as 'your highness'
Original post by purple-girl
I know the feeling, it's depressing looking at various grad schemes/postgrads and seeing that a minimum 2:1 is required...

Guess we'll just have to work very hard next year and prod each other to get to work if we catch the other procrastinating :P. And at least we're on a relatively small floor away from most of college so (in theory) fewer distractions and we'll be in labs most of the day on weekdays.

Did y'all see University Challenge tonight :biggrin:? I know someone on the team!

I'm really not good with this 'working hard' thing when I don't enjoy the work. :frown: It's really really difficult.

And no, I don't watch Uni Challenge. :P
Original post by Awoodrow2
I'm really not good with this 'working hard' thing when I don't enjoy the work. :frown: It's really really difficult.

And no, I don't watch Uni Challenge. :P

Well hopefully you'll enjoy your project and that'll make you work better? But yeah, I know what you mean though...

Fair enough, but it was Durham's turn this week :biggrin:

Yes! And it's about time Durham got a decent score :tongue:

Paxman said the team was split between two colleges... anyone know which ones? (I didn't recognise any of them.)
Original post by Renacata
Yes! And it's about time Durham got a decent score :tongue:

Didn't they get a similarly high score last series in the first round? The pattern seems to be trounce the university in the first round then crumble against an OXbridge college (which robably tells you a lot about the type of questions on UC).

Anyway, colleges were Van Mildert and Mary's, I think. I just checked the online directory. I might be wrong.
Reply 4546
At least they're on a decent TV quiz show and winning instead of embarrassing themselves in front of the entire nation on one that you'll never really win... Beat the eggheads, is that even possible?
And they really hyped it up to the entire college...
Original post by Gilbird
At least they're on a decent TV quiz show and winning instead of embarrassing themselves in front of the entire nation on one that you'll never really win... Beat the eggheads, is that even possible?
And they really hyped it up to the entire college...

It's fixed. They get fed the answers by earpiece.
Reply 4548
Original post by River85
It's fixed. They get fed the answers by earpiece.

I wonder what were those guys thinking when they signed up. Must have been too drunk or something.
Original post by Aula
Actually I meant HMK :mmm:

I feel left out :frown:
Reply 4550
Original post by Itchynscratchy
I feel left out :frown:

You were obvs included in the reality of who the best people were.
Original post by Aula
You were obvs included in the reality of who the best people were.

Ah, excellent. As you were then :tongue:
It's weirding me out slightly seeing real conversation in this thread again. It's been so quiet for so long. :frown:
Jeez, I disappear for a few days and the tumbleweed comes back armed with pikes O_o
Reply 4554
Must destroy tumbleweed :P
Does anyone know roughly when the 2012-2013 timetables are likely to come out? :smile:
Original post by Antifazian
Does anyone know roughly when the 2012-2013 timetables are likely to come out? :smile:

They already are out aren't they? https://timetable.dur.ac.uk/
They already are out aren't they? https://timetable.dur.ac.uk/

Now to make sense of it all...

Third time trying to decipher those things, and I still get confused -_- I reckon it's some kind of test: if you can show up to all your contact hours with the correct set of notes every time and not show up to anything you aren't meant to be at, you get a 1st by default...

Let me know if you need help with it, but it's not too complicated, unless you're based in the Chemistry department in which case ignore that and find the exact timetables on Dr Hughes's website (this is only for chem modules though, they're too organised...)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending