The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Who's going to De Montfort University this September?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Hannaetc
Loughborough :smile:

do u commute everyday???
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 81
I'm studying Photography and Video and will be staying at Grosvenor House.
Original post by ALHammond
I'm studying Photography and Video and will be staying at Grosvenor House.

what flat number are you staying in ??
Reply 83
anyone staying at newarke point?
Reply 84
Original post by wiggle-bacon
what flat number are you staying in ??

GH-A-2d :smile:
Original post by ALHammond
GH-A-2d :smile:

dunno why i asked that you had allready wrote it down on the grosvenor house feed XD
Reply 86
Hi! I'm from Lithuania and will be starting Animation design course in September. And I'm kinda baffled. Which is better: living in Halls of residence or renting a room, let's say through DSU lettings? Which is cheaper, more comfortable? This is a major headache to me now :I
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Crazee'
Yes its a wise choice if you leave near the Uni...:smile:

Ah, fair enough. I was thinking because I don't want to miss out on the social parts of univeristy but then I will make friends with the people on my course and I can always go partying with them :wink:
Original post by antf3690

Hey guys, just wondering, is anyone goin to De Montfort Uni this year, I'm going to study Film Studies, Media Studies and Communication. Let me know if you've applied for the same course or any other for that matter... thanks :woo:

Hi there, im studying film, media and communication

would be great if we could talk sometime, see you around :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by JessicaUk

Original post by JessicaUk
Hi... yep Im going to De Montfort this Sept! Im studying Psychology and goin to be staying in Benjammin Russell Halls.
Havent heard of many who are staying in my halls though. Bit miffed that it is all same sex flats as well, thats well disappointing! Jess x

I know what you mean about same sex halls. I keep thinking bout the massive fights for bathroom in an all female flat hehehe x
Reply 90
Original post by gunit123
anyone staying at newarke point?

I am. I'm taking Computer Security.

Oh, as a tip, I heard it's a good idea to take a picture of every detail of the room the moment you move in before you unpack. When it's time to move out, the owners usually try to fleece you for your deposit, so if you have evidence that it was like that when you moved in you'll be all sorted.
If you think someone is trying to fleece you, you can always go to the Uni they are really good at fighting cases for you.
Reply 92
That's good to know.
Reply 93
Original post by pezz10
I'm going to DMU too! Business, Management and enterprise mind lmao have you applied for accomadation yet?

do you know what modules your going to be having, as i have just finished my first year dmu studying international business and marketing and i have all my books from first year and im selling them for cheap.
let me know :smile:

The course appealed to me more than the nightlife, if i wanna go out, i'll just go out at my local nightlife spot back home, only go out for special occasions anyway... And i ain't sorted my accomodation yet, wanted sort my student finance out first. Any of you from near Stoke-on-Trent way?

heyyy im goin dmu and im from stoke :biggrin:
Reply 95
Official DMU Freshers page for 2011/2012 Be the first to get access to all events and information you'll need this freshers week!

http://www.facebook.com/DMUFRESHERSWEEK2011

I'll be one of many reps for this up and coming freshers week, feel free to ask me any questions you have xx
anyone doing first year International Relations/Journalism course?

Also short of somewhere to stay at this point in time and don't wanna do halls. If anyone is in a similar position and would consider a house share let me know.

Si :smile:
Going DMU in sept.. Computing Year Zero

I only have GCSEs and not very good ones..

WOOT!
Reply 98
I'm going to De Montfort this september, going to be studying Nursing :smile:
Original post by Yurla
Hi! I'm from Lithuania and will be starting Animation design course in September. And I'm kinda baffled. Which is better: living in Halls of residence or renting a room, let's say through DSU lettings? Which is cheaper, more comfortable? This is a major headache to me now :I

Hi Yuria, my name is Dan. I am on the (from september) 2nd year of Animation Design. Be prepared to work very hard!! Message me if you would like to know any details. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending