The Student Room Group

Sixth form college.

I applied to another sixth form college back in may, but to be honest my school sixth form was always the one.

So i have had a multitude of letters which confirm that i am going to the college, and have fitted me in to timetables etc, and to be honest, i totally forgot i even applied.

So can i get away with not calling or writing to them, confirming im not going, because i havnt even contacted the college since my initial interview.
Reply 1
No, lol! :p: You must contact them and notify them that you won't be attending the college! Otherwise they will expect someone to be there, who is not. It's not fair for you to not tell them, tbh.
Reply 2
I've done that with a sith form college near me lol
Reply 3
I applied for two colleges, one I really wanted to go to and a back up. I just didn't turn up for enrolment for my back-up college when I found out I'd gotten into my chosen one.... was I supposed to contact them? Oops.
Reply 4
jeszikca
I applied for two colleges, one I really wanted to go to and a back up. I just didn't turn up for enrolment for my back-up college when I found out I'd gotten into my chosen one.... was I supposed to contact them? Oops.
Yes.
Reply 5
It's polite to inform them that you won't be taking the place, maybe they have a waiting list (although I guess it's a bit late for all that now!!)
Reply 6
i wouldnt bother. my bf was applied to college but got into another 6th form but he didnt tell the college he wasnt taking the place, so in decemeber after the first term they sent him a letter home saying they were very concerned about his attendance lol.
Reply 7
.x.g.x.
i wouldnt bother. my bf was applied to college but got into another 6th form but he didnt tell the college he wasnt taking the place, so in decemeber after the first term they sent him a letter home saying they were very concerned about his attendance lol.
:rofl:
Reply 8
I've just decided I'm going to go to my school's sixth form instead of my local college. Perhaps I'll not bother notifying them as so I can recieve hilarious random mail every term about my abominable attendance. :rofl:
Reply 9
Yeah, I reckon you should tell 'em. It won't take much effort, and once it's done, it's done. Well, obviously. :wink:
Reply 10
Pixelated
I've just decided I'm going to go to my school's sixth form instead of my local college. Perhaps I'll not bother notifying them as so I can recieve hilarious random mail every term about my abominable attendance. :rofl:

lmao, Exactly what I would do, but probably would happen because haven't actually remembered to do it, rather than on purpose.

If your not like me and don't have a memory like a goldfish however, I think you should bite the bullet and ring, what's the worst they can do?
Reply 11
I hate my old school and they still think I'm going!...:laugh:

Maybe I should just turn up once every term just for fun :hmmmm:

Latest