Re-marks or re-sits? Help! Watch

This discussion is closed.
db
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I'm applying to get one of my Physics modules re-marked, though it's really just a shot in the dark cos I really wan the A. I will be applying for engineering courses in September, and really want to go to Imperial.

Because I'm taking a year out, I was thinking that I should re-sit the first 2 AS modules, the problem with this is that I'll be in Germany all of the year and have to come back to re-sit and my school doesn't do the same board any more. The other thing is that I sat my A-Levels with a broken arm (doing 2 physics practicals wasn't fun) so should I just make sure my referee writes this and hope they accept it, or just do the re-sits? Also does this mean that I need to uncash my Physics, or do the extra marks just get added on just like re-sits between AS and A2?

Help please

(my other results were AAa in maths, eng lit and chemistry)
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The best thing to do would probably be to email Imperial and the other universities you're applying to and ask whether your B (I'm assuming it was a B?) would affect your chances of getting an offer considering you had a broken arm. If they say no, you save yourself the hassle of resits. If they say yes, maybe you could try to find a college in Germany that does A-level physics on your exam board and resit the modules as an external candidate there? I think you'd have to decline your A-level grade in order to resit, but I'm not sure.
db
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Anyone? Please, I need help quickly.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?