'Theatre and Performance' at Leeds Watch

This discussion is closed.
Joe_JBB
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hi everyone,

I'm currently thinking about Drama courses at university. I love Leeds, it's my favourite city, so would love to study there. The Theatre and Performance course also looks interesting, but I've noticed it's not rated very highly on any league tables. Can anyone tell me anything about this course, whether it's good or bad, the best and worst points about it etc.

Thanks,

Joe
sunshinesmile
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I looked at it suring an open day it looks really good but i dont think its really for anyone who wants to act, its more managing performance etc Looked good tho
Spenceman_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have no idea about that course in particular but all I know is that if you want to go into acting then just go to an accredited drama school, I have heard many a time that it is unadvisable to do a drama based course at university thinking that it is a way into acting. There are only a few unis at which these sort of courses get much credit.
Joe_JBB
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Thanks for the replies . I'm not looking for actor training at the moment, as I haven't decided that I want to b an actor. So I'm looking for a more academic drama or theatre studies course, with a view to going on to do something to do with drama, but I haven't yet decided whether it will be acting, teaching, dramatherapy etc. etc.

That course looks quite good, I'll take a closer look. Thanks again, Joe.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.81%
No (661)
60.64%
Not really bothered about them (224)
20.55%

Watched Threads