Turn on thread page Beta

nasty nails watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My nails aren't too nasty, but they are very short and although i don't bite them they just seem to tear at the edges and i end up pulling off any growth. Has anyone got any tips on how i can imporve the strength of my nails in order to grow them to a decent length and make them look pretty?

ReputationRep:
    Take some hair and nail supplements.. Lots of vitamin B helps

ReputationRep:
    use opi nail envy or sally hansen
    drink milk for strength

ReputationRep:
    hate milk

ReputationRep:
    take calcium supplements because that could be the reasoning behind weak nails- lack of calcium. i bit my nails and they are strong and i drink a lot of milk

ReputationRep:
    use hand cream from vaseline (everyday twice a day) ur nails will look so much better in 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahsum)
    hate milk
    buy some nesquick (spelling?) chocolate powder and add loads to the milk

ReputationRep:
    wear no nail varnish! I have the same problem because I used to wear clear nail varnish but a month without the stuff and my nails are looking very foxy

ReputationRep:
    do you use nail strengthener? its the clear nailvarnish that strengthens the nails. try and use it as it seriously helps.

also do you have a lack of iron?
    the fact that you dont drink milk and dont like it means that may be the reason why they are weak!
    like stated above add nesquik to the milk and it will be yummy

paint your nails with light colours as nailpolish makes them strong

erm.... file your nails rather than cut them as its not good for your nails if you cut them.

if your that desperate to have longish nails try acrylic nails.
    here they put some powder thing on your nails and then make is solid. so it makes your nails much stronger.
    my mum uses it but not cos she has weak nails but cos she does alot of work with water and with this product her nails dont become weak from it and the nail varnish stays on for 3 weeks.

hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    i can really recommend sally hansen nail strengthener - the one in the blue bottle, has marine extracts in or sthg..i had the same problem but it really toughens them up

ReputationRep:
    have a manicure. it will show you how fab your nails can look, hopefully this will encourage you to take calcium supplements, not bite/ tear your nails and always use strengthener in the future. plus, it's nice to be pampered. phoebe xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    i can really recommend sally hansen nail strengthener - the one in the blue bottle, has marine extracts in or sthg..i had the same problem but it really toughens them up
    cool, i think i will try this product?where do i get it? will somewhere like boots stock it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Boots or Superdrug.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.