Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ditto. =/

i also have to agree with the comment about girls prefering to date 'less clever guys' then themselves.

ReputationRep:
    i think men think that women are complete and utter morons!

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. I don't. Hence me being single...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veryrandom)
    I disagree. I don't. Hence me being single...
    alright some don't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ufish)
    ive always wondered this my whole life, and its really baffled me, why the hell do girls go 4 guyz that r right idiots! i dont get it :confused:

they always look straight through guyz that would actually look after them n love em, and instead go 4 somebody who would hurt n abuse them!

does any1 know what im chattin about or am i jus chattin bull****

n would any1 care to explain y this happens??

thanks alot :p:
    dude, i have wondered too. some pretty and well mannered girls go for bad boys. know wot i mean. then they end up drinking, smoking, etc. i do kno of a girl who went with such guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs. Political)
    i think men think that women are complete and utter morons!
    lol, well sometimes. for eg.

mum - where is the print button
    son - its on the toolbar right there.
    mum - why cant they make it bigger
    son - errrr cos it wont fit on the screen then

ReputationRep:
    Do these nice guys ever tell the girls that they like them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazyangel)
    Do these nice guys ever tell the girls that they like them?
    Nope, and this is what I complained about earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun O'Keefe)
    I know what you mean mate, there is a girl.. well she is my best mate, and has been since we were little. And she has had.. I think it is 3 relationships, and in all three she picked a lad which was a total **** and treated her wrong. Actually no.. only two of them did. She is now in a relationship with an 18 year old, and she says she loves him but she has only known him five minutes. I want her to be happy, but she always falls for the wrong guys. Just in case your wondering.. yes I am in love with her, but she only sees me as a mate, but I could make her happy like you said in your post.
    Same.

we don't always...and some guys to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    we don't always...and some guys to do.
    Only if they're gay/bisexual

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunatly in the modern world of 'celebrities etc' physical appearance seems to be the dominant factor in relationships for many people.

You are right if your working on the principle that better looking people are more arrogant and less attractive people are more caring, which does have a great deal of truth.

You have to be confident and make clear your fine qualities. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    The problem is that these girls are stupid. Most girls who go for idiots, are idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ufish)
    ive always wondered this my whole life, and its really baffled me, why the hell do girls go 4 guyz that r right idiots! i dont get it :confused:

they always look straight through guyz that would actually look after them n love em, and instead go 4 somebody who would hurt n abuse them!

does any1 know what im chattin about or am i jus chattin bull****

n would any1 care to explain y this happens??

thanks alot :p:
    Bad judgement, maybe? Sometimes it's to do with the fact that you're attracted to that sorta guy - you see someone who keeps going for the same kind of guy all the time, you know?

So far I've been lucky with meeting people - everyone I've met so far are all extremely nice. Guys I seem to end up fancying all tends to be that sorta people too.

:hugs: It's ok people make mistakes, bad judgement and what-nots - but as long as you've learnt from it and don't repeat it, then it's ok

ReputationRep:
    no they just go for guys who talk to them instead of stalking them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    no they just go for guys who talk to them instead of stalking them.
    You know, I think you've just identified the two universal categories of people. Everybody must fall into one of these and only one. Henceforth, upon meeting anyone new, I shall ask, "Are you a talker or a stalker?".

ReputationRep:
    We're blind to it..

ReputationRep:
    Some general points:

- "Bad boys" are usually good looking, have confidence to the point of arrogance, and are perceived as "exciting" for a girl to date.
    - Although girls say personality is what counts blah blah, looks, especially at a young age, are the major factor in choosing a bf.
    - Some girls think they can change a "bad boy".
    - Nice guys have a reputation for being needy, boring and clingy. Of course, just because you're good at heart, it doesn't mean you can't be exciting and have some arrogance.
    - The better looking a person is, the less developed thier personality needs to be. Girls will overlook faults/negative traits as they are compensated for by good looks.
    - It matters to girls what their girlsfriends think of their boyfriends. Girls want their boyfriend to be taller/better looking/more money etc than their peers' bfs.
    - Confidence is a hugely important attribute to have to get girls. Unfortinately, it is common that good loking people have htis (they have a lot to be confident about), whilst uglier people are more likely to be insecure, and therefore this comes across when talking to a girl.

Basically, all you nice guys out there need to have confidence, be slightly arrogant, be exciting, and then when you've got the girl, you can show that you're never gonna cheat, will treat her well etc. The main problem is 'opening the door', but then personality keeps you in there.

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule, and there are popular, good looking great girls who are not shallow/superficial, and therefore fulfill the perfect image of a girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    The most intellectual can have the worst social skills. It's charm that attracts girls a lot of the time, the "idiots" have that. :p:
    there is a lot of truth in that post...

ReputationRep:
    love the ladder theory mate

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 28, 2005
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.