(Original post by PennyRoyalTea)
this is my school http://www.dfes.gov.uk/cgi-bin/perfo...7&Mode=Z&Type=
how's the CCTV system in Gravesend?
michaelbenson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Mabye they have posted in their grade requirements on their website?
http://www.oxbridgeprograms.com/site...ams/index.html
PennyRoyalTea
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by chewwy)
how's the CCTV system in Gravesend?
huh?!? I have no idea (living in gravesend n all)...but is it just me or was that very random? :confused:
Lykabelle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think this is worth having a look at, about students at oxbridge. There are people with GCSEs that aren't considered that great to some people for oxbridge such as a girl taking French and only getting 1A and 9Cs. However people can make up stories on this site I think lol!

http://www.oxbridge-admissions.org.u.../sprofiles.php
Christophicus
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My school's pass rate for GCSEs (A* - C) is 65% (and continually decreasing)
Will I get special consideration, i.e. extra points for oxbridge? :rolleyes:
Pixelated
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Widowmaker)
My school's pass rate for GCSEs (A* - C) is 65% (and continually decreasing)
Will I get special consideration, i.e. extra points for oxbridge? :rolleyes:
Nope. 65% is well above the National average (haven't you read the rest of this thread?)...
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've lost count of the number of times I've said this now, but Oxbridge especially look at many more things besides GCSE grades; personal statement, reference, submitted written work, written tests and interviews. As long as the other parts of your application are strong, having one weak area isn't the be all and end all, and besides, 6 A*s and 3 As is brilliant! That would give you a points score of 7.8 at Cambridge. I'm applying there with 1 A*, 5.5 As and 3 Bs, which is a points score of 4.3, so as long as you do reasonably well at AS and are predicted at least AAB at A-level, you should give it a go. All you have to lose is the application fee and 1 choice out of 6 on your UCAS form, but if you don't apply you might always regret it.

As for which schools are 'good' and 'bad', the national average is I think 54%, but it may have gone up this year, so if your school's pass rate is lower than that, you'll probably get some extra points.
Comp_Genius
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah 7.8 is good enough, I had exactly the same score.

(and you can ask cambridge for a refund if you really can't afford the application fee. :rolleyes: )
Xzajxz
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
i duno bt my bruv gt 5a*, 4a's and 4a's at alevels n jst gt admitted to cambridge for law...so it ink ur results r more than ok. depens on wut u wana study cos if u do law den ur Lnat has to b reali gd his was like 21/24
or sumting
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
useful
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (628)
80.62%
Leave (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed