Turn on thread page Beta

A Romantic Story watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have to write a stupid romantic story. I did have a story which I posted past of on the forum but when I finished it was over 2000 words too long and it wasn't very romantic and just went on and on and on.

I am thinking about doing a romantic story based in Victorian Times with a Nursery Maid and a Footman. I know quite a bit about Victorian Times for I know what I would be writting about. Is this a good idea or should I try and shorten my other story?

It is due in on Wednesday but I also have to write a commentry on it as well.

ReputationRep:
    Your other one was with the female ninjas etc wasn't it? I'd say write a new one, I can't remember the old one well, but it wasn't very romantic from what I recall(?!), though I may be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Well i haven't read your other story, but assuming that you have well formulated it in your mind and have worked out all that is going on (themes, characters, crechendo and all the rest of it) i just advise you to stick with the one you have, and edit it. Dont go writing a new one now, you only have a few days left mate.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    well, i do not fit the idea greatly,
    but i have a suggestion....i have a story..pretty lond, but will not exceed 1000 wrds...its an indian ronmantic story..
    just lemme know if u want one !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Your other one was with the female ninjas etc wasn't it? I'd say write a new one, I can't remember the old one well, but it wasn't very romantic from what I recall(?!), though I may be wrong.
    Lol female ninjas? that sounds crazy... for a Love story? well unless its the new Kill Bill diametric (opposite in terms of Romance, not quality) I guess you should write a new one.

...if you want to do somthing from the east write me somthing like Mulan, awww i like that film

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prince_capri)
    well, i do not fit the idea greatly,
    but i have a suggestion....i have a story..pretty lond, but will not exceed 1000 wrds...its an indian ronmantic story..
    just lemme know if u want one !!!
    I think someone needs some rep....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt the cat)
    I think someone needs some rep....
    i am pretty new....wuld u care to tell me as to what kinda rep ???

ReputationRep:
    Yes the other one was the female ninjas one...the guy ended with the bad gal at the end for some strange reason and it was 8 pages long - 7 pages of fighting 1 page of lovely dovely.

I have my new story already in my head I just need to write it down. So should I or shouldn't I?

ReputationRep:
    i am pretty new....wuld u care to tell me as to what kinda rep ???
    Hehe, i only have 21 (now 22 posts)

But i have read some other threads about it and i understand that:

The little coloured boxes next to your number of posts indicate your 'reputation'. Everybody starts with one green box, each additional box is worth 100 points of rep. You can give someone 'rep' by clicking on the little shouting face at the bottom of someones post (next to the edit button) Then you decide to either give them positive or negative rep.

It is really a hypothetical indication of how esteemed your posts are regarded

ReputationRep:
    Even my mum approves of my new story but she has pursuded me to set in the 30s and have it as a Lady's Maid and Footman so this is basically the story,

Leigh Jones, a young lady's maid is accompying her ladyship visiting her younger brother when she meets a young footman, falls in love but of course their was seperated when the visit is over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    Even my mum approves of my new story but she has pursuded me to set in the 30s and have it as a Lady's Maid and Footman so this is basically the story,

Leigh Jones, a young lady's maid is accompying her ladyship visiting her younger brother when she meets a young footman, falls in love but of course their was seperated when the visit is over.
    So is there a happy ending?

ReputationRep:
    No, they're servants

ReputationRep:
    So whats that mean? that they get like thrown out of the household and dies? thats not very romantic...

ReputationRep:
    All the films and books I have read on the subject tell me a servants life was a miserable life and if servants wanted to marry they left service so they would be jobless and poor...

ReputationRep:
    All the films and books I have read on the subject tell me a servants life was a miserable life and if servants wanted to marry they left service so they would be jobless and poor...
    How about an illicit afair between a servant girl and the master of the household. Some lovey stuff at the beginneg, but then finds out she is rpegnant. Then throws her out. She dies/commits sucide. Short and sweet.

ReputationRep:
    NO!!!

ReputationRep:
    NO!!!
    OK, keep your wings on. No need to get over excited.

So whats your plan then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776 2)
    How about an illicit afair between a servant girl and the master of the household. Some lovey stuff at the beginneg, but then finds out she is rpegnant. Then throws her out. She dies/commits sucide. Short and sweet.
    well that is a really good and in the 30's idea !!!

ReputationRep:
    basically, visit the house, meet the guys, sneaking into empty rooms late at night, discovered by another servant, visits over, go they're separate ways.

ReputationRep:
    well that is a really good and in the 30's idea !!!
    well its a great idea, I just wouldn't know how to go about it.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.