36.32%
Poor (30)
12.82%
Awful (11)
4.7%
sleekchic
Badges: 3
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Seeing as there wasn't a thread on today's episode, I thought I'd make one.

I'll give my opinions in a minute.

Poll to follow shortly.
Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I thaught it was excellent, loved it.
Varciani
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I thought it was brilliant, maybe in my top 5 episodes ever. I didn't get the end bit, where apparently the Dreamlord was the Doctor? My TV messed up and missed it! Can anyone explain this?

Oh and pregnant Amy? No thanks!
murpo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It was good. I liked the 'attack of the old people' they were funny
Magnum Opus
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Definitely one of the top 10 DW episodes
timiaz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh that was a really good episode!!!
secretmessages
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
Thought this was great :yep: However I'm not sure about the explanation.. I think there might be more to that than they're letting on :beard:
Disconfigured
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I didn't understand the ending either..
OceanInTheSky
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Really liked it, maybe best of the series.
GormlessWonder
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
DWConfidential: "Once Rory comes into the show, it’s incredibly difficult not to imagine him not there." Moffat, what? :p:

It was good, not amazing. Didn't seem like a lot happened really. The dream lord being his reflection at the end is pretty intriguing I suppose.
thebirthoftragedy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Loved it! I liked that Amy finally realised how much she loved Rory. It was really sweet
kamc
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I voted good ( I thought it was really good but not quite excellent). It was a million times better than last weeks but I think the previews ruin the episodes a bit for me because they shows way too much of the episode, if that makes sense.

I like that we're finally shown that Amy does love Rory. Wtf did he have a ponytail though?
Krishna442
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i enjoyed it. but i foound the end a little annoying, yea psychic pollen.. really interesting, unbelivably creative. but just plucked out the sky near the end of the show, dr who does it all the time. the best ones are when the answer is in front of u and the dr uses it... such as the way gravity was used in flesh and stone... still dr who does it all the time.. and still does do it. it happened more under tennant i think..
really enjoyed it tho.
and the dream lord was meant to be a manifestation of all the dark/evil inside the dr and was the physical manifestation of all that in the dream.
AnonyMatt
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I thought it was really good. It was great for Amy and Rory too. Maybe now Rory won't be such a Mickey and we'll actually have a good pair of companions!
chidona
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Rory is just too vanilla and predictable for me.

I mean, he literally has NOTHING going for him compared to the doctor, aside from stability, so why does Amy always choose him?

That said, 'twas a clever wee episode and I very much enjoyed!
holmes221
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A nice psychological episode, the doctor was his own enemy from what i gathered, next weeks looks less special fx dependent than usual as well. I've got to watch again, though as i had to do other things at the time so I'll report back when i have seen it properly.
kamc
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I liked that the dreamlord turned out to be the doctor, especially when the doctor said "theres noone in the universe who hates me as much as you do", I think I'll enjoy this episode more when I watch it a second time and pick up all the hints, and then I might just vote it excellent. Definitely one that needs a second viewing I think
sleekchic
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Idiot, I've fixed the typo in the title.

I loved the episode, I thought it was brilliant. Quite frankly one of the best of the series so far and one of the all time best (I haven't see that many so this could all change). I loved the fact that the Dream Lord was basically the manifestations of the Doctor's insecurities and I thought the explanation at the end was a nice little twist, particularly the bit where the doctor saw the dream lord in his reflection. It could easily pave way for an interesting Jekyll and Hyde episode or the doctor being incredibly bad or vulnerable and insecure.

I still don't like Rory, although he wasn't too bad in this episode, but I can't help feeling that they really shouldn't be getting married.

Excellent stuff.
Billinge1991
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It was a really clever plot, with lot of twists and second-guessing.

But Amy would not have chosen Rory. She chose him during the year the Doctor was away, while working as a kiss-o-gram. And he's been being really gittish recently and pathetic with his stupid .... *grrrrr*

Plus this also stops the traditional sexual tension between the Doctor and the assistant which always comes to a head JUST before he changes form.

NaturalDisaster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The Doctor choose his friends carefully, but not always wisely...who's the gooseberry now! Seriously, an engaged couple on the TARDIS? What have you let yourself in for, Doctor? Stupid Amy, stupid Rory, silly Doctor. I liked it though, I kept changing my mind "It's the village! Old people that slow?? No way! It's the TARDIS! Wait, no, the village! No, they're both reality!" Oh, they're both dreams? And she really is in love with Rory after all? Oh..."

Did think the Dream Lord looked like a frog a bit though. That was funny. Despite the general stupidity in this episode, I liked it. It's Doctor Who after all, it's always good. They should totally work on the Doctor going all crazy with his two personalities. But I wasn't convinced by the Dream Lord being the evil Doctor actually, seeing as you see the dark side of the Doctor quite a bit, like in The Beast Below, and he was nothing like the Dream Lord. Messed up much?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (207)
32.55%
The paper was reasonable (312)
49.06%
Not feeling great about that exam... (72)
11.32%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
7.08%

Watched Threads