The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sutton01
Im about to apply for The Hub, hopefully meet some of you folks in there

Just hoping i dont end up in a flat with a group of 2nd years or soemthing that are already pals with each other.
Not too keen on being the 3/4/5 wheel in a group.

Should be good laugh though

I just applied to The Hub same position as you 1st year student, sounds like there might be quite a few of us there which will be good.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 21
prolix
I just applied to The Hub same position as you 1st year student, sounds like there might be quite a few of us there which will be good.

Snap =)

EDIT: hey i've set up a dundee freshers group on FB if anybody is interested and want to get to know people/ organise nights out ect.

Click here!
Reply 22
Ive just applied, so when is everyone moving in? I know the website say's from the 4th but is anyone moving in slightly later?
Reply 23
Amy890
Ive just applied, so when is everyone moving in? I know the website say's from the 4th but is anyone moving in slightly later?

i want to.... 4th is too early. Havnt even finished my finance as well...:woo: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Reply 24
Much later too. Maybe the 7th. Any1 know their flat no yet? Its on the cover of the tenancy agreement.
Eg A2.3 means Block A Flat 2 Room 3

Im in flat 3 block E
Reply 25
kandi4
Much later too. Maybe the 7th. Any1 know their flat no yet? Its on the cover of the tenancy agreement.
Eg A2.3 means Block A Flat 2 Room 3

Im in flat 3 block E

Thanks for telling me about how to find the flat no. BTW as I had no idea!

I'm in flat C6, should be interesting as i knew very little about The Hub until today!

I'm up for proposing a meet and greet between everybody at The Hub (like going out one night or something) so it will feel a lil bit more like being in halls!

all the best guys and see you in 2 weeks!
Reply 26
Theres a move in schedule that verity emailed out to everyone at The Hub its a spreadsheet saying times and days for move in so its looking like 3rd to 5th

I'm in D32.4 ?? guessing from above that means Block D Flat 32 Room4

I'm not moving in on sunday the 5th at 9 in the morning because thats early hah
Reply 27
Im keen for a meet up with everyone, will be good to see everyone.

Will post the flat number once i know it. Does the tenency agreement come out in the post or what?
Just booking now

Im thinking of moving through on the 4th just so i have a bit of a head start on finding a job etc.

And im taking an N64 to attatch to the tv, should be good times
Reply 28
Sutton01
Im keen for a meet up with everyone, will be good to see everyone.

Will post the flat number once i know it. Does the tenency agreement come out in the post or what?
Just booking now

Im thinking of moving through on the 4th just so i have a bit of a head start on finding a job etc.

And im taking an N64 to attatch to the tv, should be good times

if you've got your tenants agreement it should be on there. On the 3rd page with the title Short Assured Tenancy Agreement then its next to the part that says flat/room.

Hoping your in my flat if your bringing the N64! :P
Reply 29
Got it,

Im gonna be in Block E Flat 13 Room 3

So come and visit folks!!!
Reply 30
Sutton01
Got it,

Im gonna be in Block E Flat 13 Room 3

So come and visit folks!!!

My friends were in that flat last year :yep:
Reply 31
Is it good?

Im so keen for this now
Moving through on the 4th i think
Reply 32
I stay in the Hub just now, I like it. I moved in last year and am staying in the same flat this year, C15 is anyone moving in there? I changed my course too, starting Adult Nursing in Sept anyone else? :biggrin:
Reply 33
Sutton01
Is it good?

Im so keen for this now
Moving through on the 4th i think

The Hub's nice! You get an awesome flatscreen tv, so prepare to host all your non-tv owning friends :p:
The only complaint I ever had about it (when visiting my friends anyway) was that it always seemed to be really, really warm in there. Most of his flatmates wore shorts around the flat! Guess it's better than being freezing anyway!
Reply 34
Reading over the Tenancy Agreement and it says that you need a licence for the TV in the flat :s

The Tenant shall be responsible for obtaining and paying for any television licence required for any
television and shall be responsible jointly and severally with other occupiers of the flat for any television
in the flat.

Seems a bit dodgy, googled The Hub Dundee and found a disturbing page of complaints about the managment from 2007 but from the lack of upto date news I presume that is sorted....
Reply 35
Shared between 5 people it shouldn't be to bad to get a tv licence. In all other student accomadation you would ave to pay for a tv license and bring the tv.

Also of people are returning to the hub this year (like a few here on TSR) in thinking that they sorted some ofthe original quarrels out.

Btw anybody going to the and wants to have a little get together so we get to know each other better, just pm me as I will try to organise something on facebook.
Reply 36
SOS double post... iPod messed up...
Reply 37
And again...

Man I fail at this...!
Reply 38
I call ******** on the TV licence thing. All the flats I've lived in in Dundee have had that in the contract, but nobody bothered and nobody got caught.
I was just viewing a room at the Hub yesterday and the girl told me that the tv licence has been paid for the living room and all the rooms in all the flats. So I don't think we have to worry about that. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending