The Student Room Group

Critical thinking ocr unit 1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Cookie-Monsterr.x
omds.. i put that too
im sure it was :s-smilie:
Well, I was confident with my answer at the time but after reading this topic...I'm sure it's wrong. :s-smilie: aha
Reply 181
**** CRITICAL THINKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im gonna focus on my other main subjects...seriously whats more important critical thinking
or maths physics chem and econ, exactly.

(I probably flopped ct)
Raeile
Well, I was confident with my answer at the time but after reading this topic...I'm sure it's wrong. :s-smilie: aha

Ahha. i regret posting the thread :L
Zuzia Bulu

critical thinking is my first exam and I will get the result a week after the results of my other exams :mad:

thats long.. but the feeling well you have all your results on that one piece of paper :|..
tman768
**** CRITICAL THINKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im gonna focus on my other main subjects...seriously whats more important critical thinking
or maths physics chem and econ, exactly.

(I probably flopped ct)

I agree. Once the exam is over, then it's over. There is no point spending hours discussing about it. It may make you nervous. Besides, using that time to revise for other exams can improve your grade, not using it to talk about things you can't change right now
Cookie-Monsterr.x
im sure you would have got higher than a E :smile:

Lol i hope so :smile:
Reply 186
How does everyone feel for unit 2 on Thursday?
I think I did quite well in today's paper which is good because I'm terrible at unit 2! At least I might still be able to get an A.
Reply 187
Iam actually better at unit 2 :biggrin: lets see
Reply 188
What did everyone do for the inconsistent/consistent with this claim question ?
@Jordan H : Yeah i guess if i had revised i would have known it was the author, maybe theyll give me a mark out of sympathy.
Signe_x
:biggrin:
Oh, I did that in Jan and got an A (:
how about you? it was today wasn't it?

Omg lucky you!
I got a B with one tiny CRUEL mark away from an A :l :l
Yup it was yesterday :smile: I found it easier than last time, I actually understood the question. :woo: Last time I was not sure what the questions were asking
Are you dropping critical thinking next year?
Reply 190
Anyone got advice on how to form arguments for Unit 2? I can just feel failure looming :frown:
Reply 191
God Help Me
Omg lucky you!
I got a B with one tiny CRUEL mark away from an A :l :l
Yup it was yesterday :smile: I found it easier than last time, I actually understood the question. :woo: Last time I was not sure what the questions were asking
Are you dropping critical thinking next year?

Oooh that first score was very good, I don't reckon I would have redone it :p:
Aah, a lot of my friends found it easier and a few found it harder.

Yep, indeedy, my college don't allow us to take it at A2 :frown: which kinda sucks 'cause it's a lot easier then my other subjects, and the course I want to do allows Critical Thinking A2
How about you?
Reply 192
Salvius
Anyone got advice on how to form arguments for Unit 2? I can just feel failure looming :frown:

For Section C?

Start with a counter assertion, then a counter reason.Then a main conclusion (which undermines and relates directly to both the statement you're being asked to argue aswell as the counter assertion you have made) Then three reasons: I would do one which is hypothtical reasoining, the other with an example, and the third incoperating a general principle. To finish I would put in an intermediate conclusion which ties all three reasons (again making sure it is relevant to the statement you are being asked to argue)
Salvius

My class has been told to just be really precise - you shouldn't have to use much extra space to write your answer, if any. The question normally says that you have to give three reasons, an intermediate conclusion and a main conclusion from what I remember, but it's good to include evidence too (make up statistics!!), examples, counter arguments/assertions etc. Your reasons don't have to be really insightful or sophisticated, the examiner is just looking for the way you structure your answer (but make sure they are plausible!).
It's good to do a quick plan before you start - decide your reasons, and where you're going to put your various argument elements.
Oh and finally, I don't mean to sound patronising but make sure you read the question properly... some people in my class lost all the marks because they wrote an argument to support the claim, rather than challenge it (or vice-versa).

Hope that helps, good luck for the exam :smile:
Reply 194
polzeath.sunset
i assumed men didnt want to appear feminine :s-smilie: but i don't think that's right...

i assumed that most smokers are men :s-smilie:
Reply 195
786girl
i assumed that most smokers are men :s-smilie:

i did the same
Reply 196
im looking forward to unit 2...there usually better than unit 1 ...
wasif_786

me too :smile:
Unit 1 on the Monday- did that have around 10 questions in. I felt I was repeating myself a bit, in different questions.
Re-did some questions at the back as well.
Reply 199
wasif_786

is that the one u cant really revise for :P

Quick Reply

Latest