The Student Room Group

Critical thinking ocr unit 1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
God Help Me
Hey !
I am retaking my Unit 1 and doing unit 2 as well. I made this documents on the main stuff you have to know.
Hope you find it useful. :smile:
Thanks a lot, this should help me out. :biggrin: Good luck in your exam!!
Da_hopeful_1
Cheers for that link mate :smile:

Are u doing the exam as well?

If so, hows your revision going

I am doing it tomorrow :s-smilie: . But only unit 1. Are you doing unit 1 and 2?

There is nothing much to revise, I did past papers, read the mark scheme, examiner's report and the specification. This subject is the most difficult one to get an A for me (mind you that I am taking Maths, FMaths, Phy and Chem), because english is not my first language (sorry if I misspelled something). At least I have some extra time and a dictionary.

Good luck with your exams! :smile:
Reply 22
I have this exam tomorrow too!!! I also have unit 2 on thursday then chemistry on friday :smile:

I hate the big questions at the end. Credibility is ok, and so is 'identify X' questions
antigen
I have this exam tomorrow too!!! I also have unit 2 on thursday then chemistry on friday :smile:

I hate the big questions at the end. Credibility is ok, and so is 'identify X' questions

hey, I have ocr critical thinking unit 1 tomorrow, and chem unit 1 on friday, too! is that edexcel 6CH01? Luckily, I don't have Ct unit 2

good luck with your exams! :smile:
Zuzia Bulu
I am doing it tomorrow :s-smilie: . But only unit 1. Are you doing unit 1 and 2?

There is nothing much to revise, I did past papers, read the mark scheme, examiner's report and the specification. This subject is the most difficult one to get an A for me (mind you that I am taking Maths, FMaths, Phy and Chem), because english is not my first language (sorry if I misspelled something). At least I have some extra time and a dictionary.

Good luck with your exams! :smile:

Yepp im doing unit 1 and 2

on monday and thursday respectively
what would you recommend i do, if i only have one day to revise for it.

Should i just read te textbook, and hope it sticks in ?
Reply 25
Zuzia Bulu
hey, I have ocr critical thinking unit 1 tomorrow, and chem unit 1 on friday, too! is that edexcel 6CH01? Luckily, I don't have Ct unit 2

good luck with your exams! :smile:

No it's AQA :frown: It's pretty easy though but C.T. isn't!!

thanks you too :smile:
Da_hopeful_1
Yepp im doing unit 1 and 2

on monday and thursday respectively
what would you recommend i do, if i only have one day to revise for it.

Should i just read te textbook, and hope it sticks in ?

I think you will be fine (for unit 1, I don't know about unit 2) :smile:

If that textbook is good then I think just reading through it will be enough. If you want to do more, then try past papers and read other materials here http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/type/gce/hss/critical_thinking/documents/index.html

I got a very high C (need only one more mark for B) in my mock. Mind you that your English is much better than mine (it's my second language), I didn't have extra time and dictionary in it (but I will have them tomorrow), I didn't revise for it and mock results are usually lower than the real ones.

Good luck with your exams!
thankyou so much for that word document, it's exactly what i need!
Reply 28
Why are people stressing about this exam? You realise Uni's tend to ignore it thus making it fairly useless. You are better of using your time to revise one of your more useful subjects. Also it helps to have one instance of going into an exam totally unprepared as it motivates you to never do it again.
adam_zed
Why are people stressing about this exam? You realise Uni's tend to ignore it thus making it fairly useless. You are better of using your time to revise one of your more useful subjects. Also it helps to have one instance of going into an exam totally unprepared as it motivates you to never do it again.

No-one woud ever do it twice anyway regardless of what grades they get, as Uni's dont care about it :/
Reply 30
Da_hopeful_1
No-one woud ever do it twice anyway regardless of what grades they get, as Uni's dont care about it :/

I just said that?:confused:
adam_zed
I just said that?:confused:

Im sorry :-/ *dont kill me*
Reply 32
Da_hopeful_1
Im sorry :-/ *dont kill me*

I would do but I am far to engrossed in a quest on dungeons and dragons to come and find you. When I have evolved into a wizard though, your ass is dead
Reply 33
No revision done for this exam...its now tomorrow.....slightly concerned :s-smilie:
I am only fifteen doing it. You think you guys are s******g yourselves?
Zuzia Bulu
have a look at this

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1268640

Good luck with your exams!!! :smile:

thanks forr the link :smile:
EmilyLorna
No revision done for this exam...its now tomorrow.....slightly concerned :s-smilie:

best advice to give you is past papers.. ive been looking through some of the ones my teacher gave me and the questions that come up are all quite similar to each otherr.
hope that helps
good luck forr 2moro :smile:
adam_zed

Even if the uni's disregard the qualification it can still help you with the other admission tests needed to get into your prefered choice of university; such as the UKAT and the LNAT. Plus, if the uni's do accept it, its extra UCAS points :smile:

Are you doing the paper tomorrow?
Reply 38
Thanks......I'm hoping it will be okay......I know credibility and that should get me through :smile:
EmilyLorna
Thanks......I'm hoping it will be okay......I know credibility and that should get me through :smile:

yeah, the main bit i find quite hard is the last question which is sometimes worth 13 marks.. i dont have a clue about how to approach it ;/.

Quick Reply

Latest