I Need Big Time Help With Marks And Spencers Interview Watch

This discussion is closed.
Perdip
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Ppl Please Help I Got An Interview With M&s And I Need 2 No Wat They Ask And Wat I Say Bak, I No It Sounds Stupid But Im Really Desprate For The Job, And I Would Be So Greatful If U Could Help Me
dave
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Perdip)
no it isnt, shes just doesnt no the difference between short grammar, thats all, she obviously dont text that much
Ok ok. This IS a forum, though, and NOT a nokia.

M&S are drastically trying to go "upmarket" at present - I'd guess that applies to their staff intake too - so have a bit of thought over what you wear for interview.
They'll ask you about the following, besides questions on your academic history.

• Why do you want to work for M&S?
  • What can you contribute to M&S?
    What do you do in your spare time? (Make sure you're not clubbing 'till 3.a.m. every night - they like you with a clear head and sweet breath in the morning.)
    What hobbies do you have? Like do you belong to any societies (indicative of being a team player)
    How would you deal with a troublesome customer?
Perdip
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
thank u, how do u no all this, what else will they ask, do they ask u 2 giv examples of teamwork?
Lawzza
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I got a job at Marks last year, I was offerd it but turned it down.
There is a simple flow to their interview technique.

First (providing things havent changed since I had mine) you will be taken with a member of the recruiting team, into a room away from the shop floor.
It will only be you and the interviewer, so no need to worry about a group interview.
When I had mine I was asked around 20/30 questions to which I had to answer verbally instead of writting them down. That is quite nerve wracking, but keep you cool! You will be fine.
Then, the second half of the interview will occur, you will be asked to go out onto the shop floor to approach a customer who is browsing, and a customer who is leaving the store. To these customers you have to ask questions. You can either have some questions they supply, or ( it looks better if you do this, I did) make some up of your own, around two for each.
I asked a lady who was browsing ' Hello, my name is laura, and this is my interviewer >insert name here< would you mind if I asked you a few questions?'
To which they will most probably say yes, as they get a chance to air a view.
I asked 'Have you managed to find everything you were looking for today?' and 'What do you think of the changing face of Marks?' . Apparently good questions lol

Then your interviewer, who will be there with you throughout this process, will tell you how he/she thought you did. Just remember to be calm, collected, and act towards them like you are talking to a relative you are always told to be polite to! lol

You are usally told the same day if you were sucessful.
I decided against the job as I i wanted to go on to higher education, and they will have needed me for a period of 8 months, which I couldnt guarentee.
Good luck ...hope it helps.x
Fudgie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
M&S huh? well i'm not sure what questions they will ask you. they will most likely ask why you want to work there! But all i can say is be yourself! (unless of course your a complete party animal)! It seems that you really want the job! if so then you need to let them know that so what you need to do is:
1) Dress smartly-jeans are okay but NO mini skirts or stuff like that because then, people there won't take you seriously!
2) You need to be confident-look confident,sound confident. if your nervous at the interview, they might not want you!

that's all i can say! But remember, always be yourself, don't try to be something your not! Never forget that!
LubyLoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
How many jobs are M&S giving out this year? Everyone seems to have an interview!

But take it from someone who knows (I work for them) just be yourself. Don't try and get the answers, cos at the end of the day wouldn't you rather know that you got the job because of you as a person?
Poppybird
Report 13 years ago
:dito: I got my job with them recently. In the interview just be friendly and relaxed and dress smart. Be yourself when answering questions. You'll need to have examples of when you worked in a team, a team didn't work well, how problems can be solved etc.
After this you'll go onto 'shop floor' to ask customers a few questions, just be yourself, polite and confident and you'll be fine.

P.S. A little M&S flattery goes a long way x
LubyLoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by xxpinkaxx)
P.S. A little M&S flattery goes a long way x
If you say how fantastic you think the company is, then that's good. But don't overdo it. Mention some crap about quality, and good customer service.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (274)
27.29%
No (730)
72.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed