The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
dukeofgrove
Bassicaly if we found Hitler in some argentinain cave today would you condone torturing him?

Was having this discusion the other day and couldnt believe my mate said no. What do you think?

No, ofc not. If you do that then you are going on a same level as that monster.

I am Jewish and some of my family survived Holocaust. When I asked them are they angry about Germans and all, they said that they're not feeling rage, but feel sorry for those Germans who did what they did.

I personally would never do anything to Hitler. As Talmud says: The biggest revenge is to live life properly. I'd show to Hitler that we have our own state, army better than the Germans and hell good men! :biggrin:
dukeofgrove
Aparently im just sadistic then :-/

I think the whole old man things irrelevant he killed many old people the bloke was nuts he just didnt care about others lives or suffering so why should we care about his?

Because that would make us as bad as him (on a smaller scale)? There's no point causing more suffering for no purpose other than to satisfy some people's desire for revenge.
Reply 22
No, torturing him would require the continuation of his life.
Reply 23
zj4gk
100%.

200%:smile:
Nah
Got my principles
Reply 25
Why should Hitler be tortured any more then other rulers in History. For example, the Nazi's killed 17 million people I think where as during Stalin's reign, nearly 40 million were killed. I am sure that some Iraqi civilians would suggest that George Bush and Tony Blair be tortured. What about the Americans who lynched black peoples in the 1800s? Okay, they werent responsible for millions of deaths, but killing is killing.

Anyway, you ignore all the people who had an even more important role in the final solution. What about Goebells and Himmler? The whole situation isnt as black and white as you will have believed. The Holocaust was no doubt an evil offence but we shouldnt spend the rest of History blaming it all on one man who, despite being an instigator, shouldnt be held to have been solely responsible while ignoring its manifestations in the present day.

People look at the demonization of the Jews through German media prior to the Holocaust with horror while taking part in the current demonization of Muslims (although I think it would be a false argument to say that Muslims now have it just as bad as Jews had it then).

Hitler was just a product of the environment at the time. Had there not have been an anti-semitic atmosphere at the time then surely the Holocaust would never have been allowed to happen? Peoples already existing hatred of jews was exploited.
Reply 26
paddy__power
This.

shush with the edit. I went back and changed what I was going to say and didn't bother to read through it afterwards :biggrin:
Reply 27
I'd leave him to the almighty
.... what exactly would it achieve?
Rubgish
shush with the edit. I went back and changed what I was going to say and didn't bother to read through it afterwards :biggrin:

I only edited that one bit, to make is cogent. XD
Reply 30
ArtGoblin
Because that would make us as bad as him (on a smaller scale)? There's no point causing more suffering for no purpose other than to satisfy some people's desire for revenge.

We didn't kill aload of jews though for no reason so it wouldnt be the same would it???.........
Reply 31
Deserves to die, thats the end of it.
Reply 32
adam_zed
Why should Hitler be tortured any more then other rulers in History. For example, the Nazi's killed 17 million people I think where as during Stalin's reign, nearly 40 million were killed. I am sure that some Iraqi civilians would suggest that George Bush and Tony Blair be tortured. What about the Americans who lynched black peoples in the 1800s? Okay, they werent responsible for millions of deaths, but killing is killing.

Anyway, you ignore all the people who had an even more important role in the final solution. What about Goebells and Himmler? The whole situation isnt as black and white as you will have believed. The Holocaust was no doubt an evil offence but we shouldnt spend the rest of History blaming it all on one man who, despite being an instigator, shouldnt be held to have been solely responsible while ignoring its manifestations in the present day.

People look at the demonization of the Jews through German media prior to the Holocaust with horror while taking part in the current demonization of Muslims (although I think it would be a false argument to say that Muslims now have it just as bad as Jews had it then).

Hitler was just a product of the environment at the time. Had there not have been an anti-semitic atmosphere at the time then surely the Holocaust would never have been allowed to happen? Peoples already existing hatred of jews was exploited.

ILd have the whole nazi regime tortured, along with Stalin and friends, polpot, Mao ...........

Theres a diffrerence between murder and having a stated aim to eliminate a whole race via systematic murder, torture and oppresion
Reply 33

Although I am sure if I had been subjected to the Holocaust myself, I would obviously want revenge.
Jelephant
...No. =/

Because torturing him is totally going to make up for all the horrible things he's done. And give families who were affected piece of mind. And definitely not require us sinking to a level just as bad as he is- who else do we torture? Rapists? Murderers? Little kids stealing a packet of sweets? And Hitler will definitely see the error of his ways after we did it and promise not to be naughty ever again. Seriously.... It's not going to change anything.

Yeh, in fact, lets give him benefits, a free house, a free car and whatever else he needs. We can't possibly punish Hitler for the evils he did, that would make us just as bad. Actually, let never punish anyone again.
No, what would be the point? There would be no justification other than getting pleasure from being sadistic. Torture is for information extraction, I don't want a world where people can watch a man being tortured and get a kick from it, no matter who that man is. We'd just be conditioning ourselves to be sick medieval freaks.
Reply 36
dukeofgrove
ILd have the whole nazi regime tortured, along with Stalin and friends, polpot, Mao ...........

Theres a diffrerence between murder and having a stated aim to eliminate a whole race via systematic murder, torture and oppresion

I'd have you tortured for you torturing hundreds of people. Do you see where your logic breaks down yet? Are you willing to personally torture all these people?
Reply 37
Rooster523
No, Hussein wasn't tortured so why should Hitler.

Good old Godwin

Wtf are you on about?! He was hanged ffs..

Besides the fact, Hitler was like in his 40's in 1945? So if he was still alive, he'd be like way in his 100's. I think he's long gone mate..
Reply 38
dukeofgrove
Aparently im just sadistic then :-/

I think the whole old man things irrelevant he killed many old people the bloke was nuts he just didnt care about others lives or suffering so why should we care about his?

He didnt "Kill" old people. The Concentration Camp Staff, the SS and the SA did. With a comment like that you are essentially blaming all of Germany's anti jewish feelings on one man. He didnt inspire anti-semitism, he exploited it.

Though from a purely human view, was still a ****.
issih
for most people i would say no...
but for hitler u just think about the amount of pain and suffering he caused to millions, then yes.

Why?

Latest

Trending

Trending