Turn on thread page Beta

American Sizes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm really confused, all the conversion charts are saying different.
    I am size 10/12 (depends) in jeans over here, and I'm 5ft6 so, is that size 10 long in America?

Also, shoes wise, I'm size 6 - does anybody know what this is? American eagle has it down as 9, yet when I look up on charts, it's coming back at 7 1/2.

Thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma.....)
    Hey, I'm really confused, all the conversion charts are saying different.
    I am size 10/12 (depends) in jeans over here, and I'm 5ft6 so, is that size 10 long in America?

Also, shoes wise, I'm size 6 - does anybody know what this is? American eagle has it down as 9, yet when I look up on charts, it's coming back at 7 1/2.

Thanks for the help
    with the clothes, yes, you'd be a size 10 long or even 8 long. I ususally wear one size smaller in the US vs. the UK, but they are relatively the same.

with shoes, a UK size 6 is a US size 8.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    UK 10/12 = US 6/8

or so I hear

ReputationRep:
    yeah US sizes are 2 sizes smaller, look in H+M all there clothes have american and english sizes on the lables. i'm an english size 8 so an american size 4. i'm not sure about shoes.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phatz00)
    with the clothes, yes, you'd be a size 10 long or even 8 long. I ususally wear one size smaller in the US vs. the UK, but they are relatively the same.

with shoes, a UK size 6 is a US size 8.
    Wait..I don't think they're the same for clothes.

I wear a size 6 in the UK, and a size 2 in America.....

Agreed with the shoes.

ReputationRep:
    I got an American polo the other day, it was L in US but XXL in UK size.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiplexed)
    I got an American polo the other day, it was L in US but XXL in UK size.
    look at the stereotypical american :p:

i went to new york for my bday and spent ages trying on different pairs of jeans. im usually a 10/12 here, but i got jeans over there that were anything from a 6 to a 10. apparently, they also have a different scale to us :confused:

the point: try before u buy!

ReputationRep:
    In the USA, most people have a range of jean sizes. Depending on the brand and the store, your size can change. There is no universal scale here.

ReputationRep:
    useful site:

US and UK size conversion

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.