Bikini line home waxing kits? Watch

This discussion is closed.
mypaperheart
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I'm thinking of trying these out... has anyone done it before and would/would not reccommend it? :rolleyes: Also, does anyone know if the cold or hot wax ones are better?

Which ones have you used and would reccommend for a first-timer?!!

Any advice would be appreciated!!
Fleece
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i tried the veet cold strips and they were absolute crap!
mattyboi2k8
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Sorry, I'm a guy lol what's veet?
ClosetGinger
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Veet formerlly Immac is a brand of hair removal products.

For ease and less mess for a beginner I would have to say use the Veet strips which are pre-prepared, my mum uses them and swears by them.

On the other hand for reliablity and also effectiveness i use Veet warm wax, it is expensive - £7 but i do my Brazilian with it and i have had the same pot for about 8 waxes as long as you wash the strips after use it becomes very reasonable. Warm wax is more effective because it sticks better to the hair and so eliminates the need to go over areas again and again.

Maybe its best to go to a salon for the first time to get an idea of the pain/products they use a basic bikini is usually about £8

Hope this helps
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Be VERY careful. Pulling hard in the wrong direction can result in bruising.
Fleece
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Be VERY careful. Pulling hard in the wrong direction can result in bruising.
sounds like a voice of experience...bruised balls daveo?
hugatree
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Fleece)
sounds like a voice of experience...bruised balls daveo?
LOL I was just thinking in that direction. No offense really.
niamhster
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ClosetGinger)
Maybe its best to go to a salon for the first time to get an idea of the pain/products they use a basic bikini is usually about £8
Agree
mattyboi2k8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Do guys use them then?
cherryade
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i tried it once...got the strip on there and didnt have the guts to pull hard enough! i use veet/immac now (which has improved loads since i first tried it about 2 years ago) the deplitary (sp?) cream which was a lot more effective than i thought it would be, plus get the one with aloe vera and it makes it feel really soft and smooth
mypaperheart
Rep:
?
(Original post by ClosetGinger)
Veet formerlly Immac is a brand of hair removal products.

For ease and less mess for a beginner I would have to say use the Veet strips which are pre-prepared, my mum uses them and swears by them.
Thanks for your advice, you were a great help!!

Are these pre-prepared ones the cold wax ones?
mypaperheart
Rep:
?
(Original post by cherryade)
i tried it once...got the strip on there and didnt have the guts to pull hard enough! i use veet/immac now (which has improved loads since i first tried it about 2 years ago) the deplitary (sp?) cream which was a lot more effective than i thought it would be, plus get the one with aloe vera and it makes it feel really soft and smooth
Can you use this on your bikini line? I heard that you shouldn't use creams as they aren't effective due to the skin being too sensitive? :confused:
cherryade
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Rosalily)
Can you use this on your bikini line? I heard that you shouldn't use creams as they aren't effective due to the skin being too sensitive? :confused:
ohh i didnt know that :eek: well hasnt done me any damage so far! i was doing my arms and legs and had a bit left on the spatula thingy, so i just figured id use it up... i think they only put that warning on to cover their backs in case u get it inside (which probably isnt very nice and could be damaging? :confused: )
Fleece
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you can use them on the outside, like near your leg creases (what a description!) but not inside your *ahem* lips (sorry this is vulgar) because that will absolutely kill.
CheesyBeans
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm too much of a wimp to wax my bikini line.
~Raven~
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have some Veet cold wax strips left and was thinking of doing my bikini line - will they work? Coz I don't want it to look patchy n stupid lol!!!!!
Fleece
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
they didnt work at all for me....:-\
cherryade
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~Raven~)
I have some Veet cold wax strips left and was thinking of doing my bikini line - will they work? Coz I don't want it to look patchy n stupid lol!!!!!
no idea if it will work, ive never tried them. but do it well in advance of anyone likely to see it just in case it does turn out patchy! u could always "tidy" with shaving if it doesnt turn out how u like
mypaperheart
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fleece)
you can use them on the outside, like near your leg creases (what a description!) but not inside your *ahem* lips (sorry this is vulgar) because that will absolutely kill.
Thanks fleece... delightful descripton there! at least you got the point across!!

"leg creases"... hehehe i love it!!!

So what we're saying is.... tops of your legs and absolutely no further?? Or just far enough so that it doesn't get inside?? :confused:
Fleece
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thanks fleece... delightful descripton there! at least you got the point across!!

"leg creases"... hehehe i love it!!!

So what we're saying is.... tops of your legs and absolutely no further?? Or just far enough so that it doesn't get inside?? :confused:
i'd say just far enough that it doesnt go inside your lips
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (280)
27.56%
No (736)
72.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise