Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My dad is such a dork.

We had a party last night, and the first people to arrive were a couple called Nick and Sue, who I didn't know. Nick was apparently one of my dad's old school friends. So how did my dad introduce him?

Dad: "Nick was at my secondary school in Hertfordshire. Have you met him before?"

Me: "Umm, I don't think so."

Dad: "Oh, well you know that funeral I went to a few weeks ago? That was Nick's father."

Me: "Oh.....right."

*awkward silence*

Argh! How embarrassing was that???? :eek: Anyone else's family seriously lacking in social graces? I wanted to p*ss myself laughing and just couldn't!

ReputationRep:
    sounds like something my dad would say :doh:

ReputationRep:
    hah youre getting rep for that comic!

ReputationRep:
    When everyone went home I told my dad off and repeated the story to my mum and brother. We were all in tears, it was so funny. All that pent-up laughter!

ReputationRep:
    oh my god why are you telling this to random people on the internet

ReputationRep:
    Cos its soo god damn funny that's why!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homoterror)
    Why don't you copy and paste that into 99% of the threads on TSR then? It'll give you something to do. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    My dad is such a dork.

We had a party last night, and the first people to arrive were a couple called Nick and Sue, who I didn't know. Nick was apparently one of my dad's old school friends. So how did my dad introduce him?

Dad: "Nick was at my secondary school in Hertfordshire. Have you met him before?"

Dad: "Oh, well you know that funeral I went to a few weeks ago? That was Nick's father."

*awkward silence*

Argh! How embarrassing was that???? :eek: Anyone else's family seriously lacking in social graces? I wanted to p*ss myself laughing and just couldn't!
    :rofl:

Brilliant!

Its bad when parents/grandparents introduce you to someone who you've never met but they know all about you and then they say 'i knew u when u were this high....'

:mad:

Also when grandparent wheels out the same story about you that they've used the last 10 times you've seen them to illustrate some point or other and having to keep a fixed smile and laugh at the appropriate moment...

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by kikzen)
    I'll second that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    yep i agree too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    :rofl:
    Also when grandparent wheels out the same story about you that they've used the last 10 times you've seen them to illustrate some point or other and having to keep a fixed smile and laugh at the appropriate moment...
    I agree...

Worse is how you get an awful present for your birthday and yet you have to pretend that you've always wanted that item!

You also have to show this affection with a kiss... ARGH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    My dad is such a dork.

*awkward silence*

ROFLMAO! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ReputationRep:
    no, the world's worst introduction is 'this is steve, he wants to sleep with you' <runs away>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skagirl)
    no, the world's worst introduction is 'this is steve, he wants to sleep with you' <runs away>
    Yes, but unless you are totally wasted, who the hell who say something like that?

ReputationRep:
    Someone who knows that you don't know that the person he/she is introducing wants to sleep with you and thus knows that the person he is introducing knows that he/she wants you to know that they want to sleep with you.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, that's hysterical!

I hate being introduced to people with, 'This is Uncle [whatever]' which is fine when you're about 5, because you seem to have to call all your parents' friends and acquaintances 'Auntie' or 'Uncle' out of politeness, but when you're 15 or 16, and you've never met the person before in your life?! It's just embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    one word...

...eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scubar)
    one word...

...eh?
    Read what he said again.

ReputationRep:
    *smirks* Your dad cracks me up.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.