What types of music do British people listen to? Watch

fkos
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by iainvg)
confirming once again the majority of the british populace, listen to tasteless rubbish to be alongside the musically ignorant masses, makes me thankful that being a british national isn't my initial citizenship :woo:
Choccy94
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNzrw...eature=related the top 25 for last year were pretty much the same everywhere. Thing is, I hate most of those songs individually, but in that remix I love it.

Anyway, I personally listen to more stuff by british bands than I used to. From The Who to All Time Low and then a bit more.

Sorry about poor grammar, one hand typing.
All Black Everything
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by asherjw)
what do you listen to? lol
mainly hip hop and grime
Ivan91
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
All of the idiots are listening to Lady Gaga, this country has been in a sorry state musically for years.
heyhey922
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I dont think i can get through the day without one of my friends singing Lady Gaga
It annoys me so much, it just makes me want to poke her face!
K the Failure
Badges: 2
Report 8 years ago
Black music!

White powa!!!!!
fkos
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ivan91)
All of the idiots are listening to Lady Gaga, this country has been in a sorry state musically for years.
Piffle, music is no worse now than it ever has been. You just have to dig a little deeper than Radio 1 and MTV.

I find emusic a constant source of inspiration when it comes to new music.
hali0112
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BJack)
If lots of people buy rubbish music, it's popular rubbish music.
what is so bad about chart music? i think a lot of chart music is really good.
hali0112
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ivan91)
what is so bad about lady gaga? okay her music has no deep meaning like a lot of hip hop and r'n'b music but her music makes people happy, they are real feel good tracks and are catchy and easy to sing along to and relate to. she is also a great performer, with artistic music videos and has strong vocals. she may not be eminem or jay-z but she is really good in her own right.
Ivan91
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hali0112)
what is so bad about lady gaga? okay her music has no deep meaning like a lot of hip hop and r'n'b music but her music makes people happy, they are real feel good tracks and are catchy and easy to sing along to and relate to. she is also a great performer, with artistic music videos and has strong vocals. she may not be eminem or jay-z but she is really good in her own right.
Tell that to her; she's so far up her own arse that I've heard her say "I spend my spare time just being brilliant, making music". Every interview I see she has nothing intelligent or interesting to say, she's boring and braindead. She'll randomly spout empty cliché lines like: "I just love my fans, and I thank God for helping me to where I am..." when really she should be thanking David Bowie, seeing as she just ripped off his style completely and was lucky enough that 90% of her fans aren't old enough to know who Bowie is.

I don't mind pop musicians making and selling their meaningless generic charts music at all, but when they try to act like it's brilliant and groundbreaking then it's just embarassing. No amount of stupid "crazy" outfits can mask a boring personality, everybody should know that.
danadd9
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Radio 3 is your safe bet..
asherjw
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by heyhey922)
I dont think i can get through the day without one of my friends singing Lady Gaga
It annoys me so much, it just makes me want to poke her face!
hahaha!
asherjw
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by nihility)
most people?
meaningless crap.
see lady gaga.
that seems to be a general view..
MarksMaNBadger
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What types of music do Britsh people listen to? What can I expect to hear on radio stations and so on? What songs are popular now?
Whatever we like. I like listening to trap music.
Mactotaur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MarksMaNBadger)
Whatever we like. I like listening to trap music.
Nice work necroing a 6-year old post.
NOTHELPFUl_Inc
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Not helpful
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
****... this does it for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md19pon3B9o
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What types of music do Britsh people listen to? What can I expect to hear on radio stations and so on? What songs are popular now?
Depends what stations you listen to Absolute has a kind of indie vibe where as radio one has a more chart poppy rap vibe to it then you have lanes rock which is a rock station playing bands like AC/DC The scorpions there are others you just need to find one you like.
Linalolo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Alot of british ppl like to listen to peppa pig and kylie jenner
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
****... this does it for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md19pon3B9o
Your taste is along the same lines as mine (at least my more mainstream stuff). Dunno if you know MAritn Miller, for me one of the best young jazz/fusion men around at the moment. Anyway, he's a big Purple fan:

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1583)
79.31%
Leave (413)
20.69%

Watched Threads