Who's excited to start sixth form?! Watch

This discussion is closed.
flipflop2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Dunno if im happy to go to sixth form becoz im going to a new school. Plus ive got Maths to study for a year. Will like the independent part of it. And no more FRENCH! (forever and ever and ever etc etc etc).
abc101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~the_one~)
Aw i get what you mean i really don't feel old enough to be it 6th form - when my sister was in 6th form she was like an adult(shock horror)!!
Think of it as a chance to meet new people and start over - i'd love to go to a new 6th (couldn't be bothered) becuase i love meeting new people, it'll be fun!
Haha, 'like an adult'! Yeah, just seems so odd, I really feel I ought to be in Year 8 or something! :p: Tis cool you're a sociable person, wish I was!
Lolalara
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeh I'm definitely excited, but nervous too and worried about the work load. Take it as it comes, i guess.
hatty341
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im well excited!!! i cant wait, im so fed up of staying at home now.
Pixelated
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by xlouisedoll)
We don't...I think it would just be too confusing if we had mixed year tutor groups..there's that many students.
Yeah, I'd hate mixed year tutor groups :afraid: I'm quite happy being around people my own age, less intimidating I think.
Loztherockstar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im half'n'half, im looking forward to like a new place, subjects that i like and hopefully better teachers but im also nervous about meeting new people and that panic when you go to a lesson and you dont know where to sit!
crazygirl4521
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
I cant wait, looking foward to it.
Dark and Lovely
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i should be so excited cuz the induction days were brilliant but right now with 6 days to go i dont feel anything, doesnt even feel like school is starting again
henryt
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I can't wait - no more "useless" subjects or ones which bore me to death!! Plus, I'm so eager to learn more, having been nothing but a useless vegetating lump for all of this long summer.
Pixelated
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by henryt)
I can't wait - no more "useless" subjects or ones which bore me to death!! Plus, I'm so eager to learn more, having been nothing but a useless vegetating lump for all of this long summer.
Nicely put! :rofl: I feel exactly the same; I was given no AS prep work but I have been working from AS textbooks which haven't been terribly exciting, I must add.
I just can't wait for lessons (or lectures as my college is calling them) to begin! All the advanced concepts will be alot more challenging to grasp but hopefully alot more satisfying to learn and then apply.
Wilko_777
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I am looking forward to going back, as it will completly different without uniform, and being one of the senior pupils.

One thing I do not look forward to is the work load of A-Levels. It's a certainty that they will dwarf GCSEs in the effort required.
Melanie47
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm kinda looking forward to it. It will be great to just be doing subjects that I actually like, and also not having to wear my school's dreadful uniform anymore We have mixed year tutor groups at my school as well.
veryrandom
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by henryt)
I agree completely! But I will probably only enjoy sixth form for the first few weeks then after the workload starts to pile on, I'll be wishing for the summer holidays again.
fire
Report 13 years ago
aaawww, i remember the days... i loved getting my suit and having free lessons for the first time- and for once the teachers treated you like human beings.
jeszikca
Report 13 years ago
I'm looking forward to it, but also nervous because not many people I know are going to the same college, it's an hour away by bus so I have to get up at 6.30, and it's quite a... prestigious... college, so I'm scared I'm going to look like a complete thick against everyone else! Lol.
chanandler
Report 13 years ago
I am sooo nervous about going to 6th form. Firstly, I am going to a new school so i know no one and just the thought of that makes me get butterflies in my stomach! Secondly, I also get panic attacks and i'm scared everyone's gonna be looking at me like i'm a freak. Additionally, I'm going to a girl's school which emphasises the 'nervousness/intimidation factor'.
However, i'm happy in a way because i'm leaving my old school behind where the pupils were idiotic bullies! :-)
But hopefully my 6th form will be full of nice people and it will be a place where i can regain my confidence!...So i suppose i AM happy about going to 6th form! Lol.
michaelbenson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Pessismist here we come. Well personally i am somewhat dreading the whole new college ideal. I know it isnt the same as sixth form as your in a much more school orientated environment which i am positive i will perform much more adequetly in. New people, new faces, not knowing anyone, not being able to talk to people./

You see the issue with me, is that i am sort of like a fish out of water in my area. Ofsted puts Burnley/Pendle down as socially deprived and under performing so someone like me who is a self confessed academic who would much rather spend time inside revising, learning getting good grades instead of getting drug, high and arrested outside doesnt exactly fit in well in these sorts of crowds. It takes me a good couple of months to get comfortable in new environments; i am not worried about if i am going to get bullied or anything like that because i know i am secure within my own character just, the unknown. From being taken away from an environment such as a final year in high school where there is a set routine and convention between everyone that we just all got along. Basically i am out of my comfort-zone and i know i wont like it.

I have my induction day tomorrow, i'll report back if my pessismistic fears are exactly as confirmed, or hopefully there will be more people like me who i can chat, laugh and enjoy my experience with.
suneilr
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I can't wait to go back. No more sitting at home getting bored out of my mind. No more pointless subjects. Bring on the A-Levels
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?

Yes (173)
18.66%
No (561)
60.52%
Not really bothered about them (193)
20.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise